Talk

Advanced search

What would you do?

(2 Posts)
mojomomo Wed 17-Nov-10 15:59:23

I know that its just his age most likely as at 13 they do tend to think they know it all but honestly im at the end of my tether with my 13 yr old, the constant phone calls from school about his behaviour, which he apparently is unaware of and within the last month or so his attitude towards me and my friends who come to visit has been very embarrassing to say the least.The school have now put in motion the means to test him for adhd though im not sure if this is his problem. No matter how many times i tell him to please be good and try his best it just seems to fall on deaf ears and he feels its the teachers and not him thats the problem
Is anyone else having the same problems as i feel it must be my fault somehow

kreecherlivesupstairs Thu 18-Nov-10 09:35:39

My 9.6 DD is similar, DH is very resistant to having her tested for ADD which is bloody annoying.
You, on the other hand, are doing something about it. It isn't your fault, any more than it is my fault of the woman next door.
Do you have a DP/H? TBH, I think asking him 'to be good' is a pointless endeavour. If he is anything like my DD, he can't control what he does.
Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now