Talk

Advanced search

Help with timekeeping

(5 Posts)
dinnydoo Fri 12-Nov-10 20:03:21

I'm not a good timekeeper sometimes. Suggestions please, getting places on time/early. I know it is a very bad trait and doesn't reflect very well. I need advice.

TooTiredtoGoogle Fri 12-Nov-10 21:03:03

Buy a watch and set 5 minutes ahead?

littlemisslost Fri 12-Nov-10 21:04:30

I am totally useless, always late and always rushing and its real bad reflection you are right..........look forward to some constructive advice smile

DrSpechemin Fri 12-Nov-10 21:12:21

I used to always be late - my problem was that I underestimated how long it would take me to get to places - our kitchen clock is 10 mins early so that is my guide -

In the last few years or so I have consiously left half an hour earlier to get to places - or even an hour - a journey may take 25 mins once you're in the car, so I start to leave the house 45 mins before the time I am expected to arrive - this gives plenty of time to sort the kids out/faff around going in and out of the house/get petrol etc.
I do feel that I have cracked it as I haven't been late for several years.

dinnydoo Fri 12-Nov-10 22:55:20

Thank you all, for your advice... will make a conscious effort. As I'm not setting a good example.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: