Talk

Advanced search

If something HUGE was to happen ..

(997 Posts)
MaDuggar Wed 03-Nov-10 18:52:22

... how long could you survive with what you have in your house right now?

Do you have any tins/bottled water etc put away in case of a emergency?

Have been frealing myself out reading some wacky conspiray sites (all baging on about something huge happeneing in the next 2 weeks) - Im not be;lieveing it, but it has made me think that one day there could be an event and I probably would only last a week with my store cupboard!

IamSoStupid Wed 03-Nov-10 18:53:21

not even a week here

heigh ho

MaDuggar Wed 03-Nov-10 18:55:31

Id have to live on custard and chicke peas

GeorgeWBush Wed 03-Nov-10 18:55:41

We could probably make it until next Friday.

So what's supposed to be happening then within the next two weeks then?

GeorgeWBush Wed 03-Nov-10 18:56:13

gah added an extra 'then'.

ChickensHaveNoLips Wed 03-Nov-10 18:56:52

I'll be so pissed off if I've missed the memo about an impending apocolypse.

idobelieveinfairies Wed 03-Nov-10 18:56:55

yes, do tell us what could be happening. I should go food shopping tomorrow really and need to know if i should buy extra! smile

FlopsyTops Wed 03-Nov-10 18:57:18

The alcohol and toilet tissue would be an issue grin

Seriously though, I have never given this a second though.

KurriPowderTreasonAndPlot Wed 03-Nov-10 18:58:24

Could probably live out of the store cupboard for quite a while (I mean we'd be eating stuff like boiled barley and dog food, but we'd live) I Don't have bottled water stored up. (very old can of lager in fridge)

If things got really bad, I'd have to eat DH, but he's stringy and has no fat on him, so wouldn't last long.

MaDuggar Wed 03-Nov-10 18:59:00

I dont actually know whats supposed to happen, I dont understand web bot tipping points or anything! Its all conspiracy talk so I wouldnt worry. Obamama going to India & the like seems to have freaked people out.

Oh I must stock up on vodka! Have plenty of bog roll left over from Halloween.

SecretNutellaFix Wed 03-Nov-10 18:59:53

not very long at all- have had a lean month due to huge utility billas at start of month.
Possibly 3 days? tops.

MaDuggar Wed 03-Nov-10 19:01:09

This is what I was reading ...must have been bored

NotShortImFunSized Wed 03-Nov-10 19:02:17

About a week if we're lucky, although do have 8 tubs of Ben & Jerrys so I'll be ok wink

MaDuggar Wed 03-Nov-10 19:03:39

Unless the freezer was off! shock

LelloLorry Wed 03-Nov-10 19:03:53

Could probably make it last until next Monday, with a few days of baked beans and tinned soup.
Ugh.
Big food shop tomorrow then, you have me all worried.

FluffyDonkey Wed 03-Nov-10 19:07:01

Hopefully the zombie fighting mnetters will come back on and share their nuggets of wisdom

<hopeful emoticon>

That was a funny thread grin

FluffyDonkey Wed 03-Nov-10 19:07:43

And to answer the question, we will barely last until the food shop this weekend. DH is currently on way home from work with a take away [wink)

FluffyDonkey Wed 03-Nov-10 19:07:59

D'oh
wink

TheLastMelon Wed 03-Nov-10 19:09:14

8 tubs of Ben and Jerry! Wow, sounds like my idea of heaven! I only buy them when they are on special offer unfortunately.

I think we have enough food, maybe for a month if we all ate small amounts

RandomDarkAgesHag Wed 03-Nov-10 19:10:33

I would apply lateral thinking and use the three tins of baked beans under my sink to bludgeon the zombie hordes and carpaccio them to sustain us.

sorted.

[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga_rCnueID8 then i would remain indoors]]

RandomDarkAgesHag Wed 03-Nov-10 19:11:07

THE EVENT

oops

BeenBeta Wed 03-Nov-10 19:11:15

Our water goes off immediately mains pressure drops. With the bottled water we have in we could last about 5 days before we died of thirst.

If we had water we could last 4 weeks if we ate our hens and cockerel.

SarahStrattonsSparkler Wed 03-Nov-10 19:11:54

Obama is going to India, paving the way for aliens to arrive during the Leonid meteor shower, land in the middle of Yellowstone and set a bomb, thus causing Yellowstone to errupt.

I think that covered all bases. And here? About 3 days, but only if it rains and I can put a bucket in the lobby to catch water confused

NotShortImFunSized Wed 03-Nov-10 19:12:34

I'd have to eat them ALL straight away if it looked like the freezer was off grin

lastmelon I only buy them on special offer too, they are on special in...<shhh, Asda> 2 for £3 at the moment, hence the reason I have 8, although this is the 2nd lot of 8 we have bought blush

create Wed 03-Nov-10 19:14:00

We'd be Ok for food, on short rations, for a week or so, although fussy eaters would be in trouble grin

Water would be a big problem though.

Wouldn't matter though. As I don't have a gun, someone bigger and stronger would come and take the food. Desperate times make people do desperate things...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: