Talk

Advanced search

Mouse running around restaurant...

(9 Posts)
ApplesandBananas Mon 06-Sep-10 13:11:37

wwyd if you had been in a (famous) London restaurant, with guests, when at the end of a meal, something caught your eye under the (now vacated) table next to you, and there's a mouse scampering around? No-one else (including the waiters) have spotted him/her/it.

The guests are not close friends but professional contacts who would have been horrified by any fuss, and particularly, I suspect, by the mouse sighting.

rubyrubyruby Mon 06-Sep-10 13:13:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Honeydragon Mon 06-Sep-10 13:14:18

Fgs tell them! In all likelyhood it was a random run in but they need to know, it could risk a perfect health and safety record (assuming is a good clean place) if they don't get a chance to deal with it.

Honeydragon Mon 06-Sep-10 13:15:15

oh and I wouldn't have said anything at the table or to the guests either.

Lio Mon 06-Sep-10 13:16:21

We told them about the mouse we spotted at The Savoy and got a free bottle of champagne, yum!

Blu Mon 06-Sep-10 13:16:42

Mention it discreetly to staff before leaving- and follow with an e mail the following day - making it clear that you are intending to be helpful, not trying to blackmail them or threatening to go to the press!
A mouse can crop up pretty much anywhere - it isn't necessarily indicative of anything terrible, but obv they need to know and take urgent action.

lamplighter Mon 06-Sep-10 13:21:56

If mouse was alone I would have invited him to join our table

grin

ApplesandBananas Mon 06-Sep-10 13:32:08

OK, I'll drop them a line. It didn't worry me particularly as the food was fab, and the restaurant (loos included) was sparkling clean. A mouse can pop up anywhere. Having said that, not sure I'll hurry back though!

I'll email them.

ApplesandBananas Mon 06-Sep-10 13:37:52

Have sent an email letting them know (there's a visitors book on the website but I suspect my comment won't be published wink).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now