Talk

Advanced search

Romantic/Crime Fiction Writers

(12 Posts)
Delica Sun 18-Apr-10 13:42:38

Who are the best please? 5 names would suffice. Thank you.

Alixand Sun 18-Apr-10 17:02:33

Crime -
Margery Allingham
Ngaio Marsh
Agatha christie

Romantic -
Georgette Heyer

they are ones i read over and over but there are lots of more modern ones.

Delica Sun 18-Apr-10 17:20:46

Thank you Alixand smile

WhatDoFlamesDoTheseDays Sun 18-Apr-10 17:26:40

mark billingham
tess gerritson

itsybitsy08 Sun 18-Apr-10 17:32:52

British Crime mark billingham, ian rankin, val mcdermid.
Dont really know much about the romance front tbh, but the book the story of lucys love life in ten chapters is a nice read (sorry cant remeber the author!) Celia Ahern ok and katie fford.

Too many good authors to mention (smile)

cocolepew Sun 18-Apr-10 17:33:55

Crime: Michael Connelly, Robert Crais, Harlan Coban, Lee Child, Jonathan Kellerman.

No idea about romance.

Delica Mon 19-Apr-10 17:04:37

Once again, thank you all wink

grumperina Thu 29-Apr-10 23:15:21

Alixand - Georgette Heyer wrote some great crime novels too - same sort of period and style as Margery Allingham, Ngaio Marsh and Agatha Christie

HappyMrsChicken Thu 29-Apr-10 23:17:13

Another recommendation for Georgette Heyer for the romance. Not read any of her crime novels though.

OmegaMummy Thu 29-Apr-10 23:20:12

try jd robb...crime mixed with romance and also set in the future....sounds naff but lovely Friday night, glass of red read.
Also crime/thriller...Lee Child,,(unput down able), Peter James ( need to check that name)

PricklyThistle Thu 29-Apr-10 23:32:12

Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum novels. Light and fluffy but good fun.

JD Robb (aka Nora Roberts) - Eve Dallas novels, futuristic (but not sci-fi) cop novels.

These are crime AND romance - will have a think for some others.

scaryteacher Wed 05-May-10 09:12:19

Lee Child, Linda Fairstein, Margery Allingham, PD James (erudite crime), Dorothy Sayers, Donna Leon, Elizabeth George for crime. I also love Cynthia Harrod-Eagles for crime. She has written a brilliant series about a DI called Bill Slider who works out of Shepherds Bush nick. Very witty, lots of word play, deft plotting and human interest.

Georgette Heyer for romance; brilliant! My mum has bought me her crime novels for Christmas, so am looking forward to them. I also like Lindsay Davis 'The Course of Honour' as a romance (albeit a Roman one), and the Diana Galbadon series is historical romance.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: