Talk

Advanced search

Books we love

(2 Posts)
Aragon Tue 19-Jul-05 13:22:43

Okay so I've gathered that some of you hate Harry Potter. In the celebration of books that we like (including HP if that's your thing) what books have you read in the last few years that you'd recommend:

I like:

Roots by Alex Hayley - very sad
The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
Most of the Harry Potter books but found the fifth one not as good as the rest
Eats, Shoots and Leaves - made me check my punctuation a bit more closely.
Anything by Minette Walters
Ditto John Grisham
Rosalind Franklin and DNA - biography of a female scientist who played a big (and often unreported role) in the discovery of DNA.
On holidays I like Jilly Cooper (but not all her stuff) just Rivals, etc

I like a wide variety and read for relaxation, often falling asleep face first in a book much to DH amusement.

What have you enjoyed that you'd recommend?

WideWebWitch Tue 19-Jul-05 13:29:23

I don't seem to be able to read ficton atm so mostly read factual/expose/pop anthropology books. I've just read Hotel Babylon, an insider's view of the luxury hotel industry and thoroughly enjoyed it, it's an amusing easy read. I want to read Air Babylon too but will wait until it's in hardback.
Also, I've recommended this elsewhere but I thoroughly enjoyed Watching The English
and, for an easy to read remind yourself how to act in an office rather than as a sahm, The Rules of work . On my to read list is an Anita Roddick autobiography, Business as unusual.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now