Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

book for looooong plane journey with 5yr old & 2yr old?

(12 Posts)
sansouci Mon 11-Jul-05 20:47:13

Am desperately seeking something escapist, not too stupid, reasonably well-written & not requiring TOO much concentration. suggestions, anyone?

sansouci Mon 11-Jul-05 20:59:49

hello?

Lonelymum Mon 11-Jul-05 21:01:41

Winnie the Pooh? Are there books of such a description for 2yr olds?

Hulababy Mon 11-Jul-05 21:12:34

3yo DD loves My Naughty Little Sister, and Naughty Amelia Jane. Both broken down into quite short stories/chapters.

sansouci Mon 11-Jul-05 21:17:11

arghhhh! for ME to read, not them!!

or am i being optimistic?

Hulababy Mon 11-Jul-05 21:22:05

LOL! Good luck.

I about managed to read the inflight magazine and half a nomral magazine when we took DD (2 at time) to Florida - and there were 5 other adults with us!

sansouci Mon 11-Jul-05 21:24:03

that's what i was afraid of, hulababy. oh dear, why did i agree to do this alone? [crying emoticon]

Chandra Mon 11-Jul-05 21:24:39

For you to read??? . I have stoped carrying books to read in holidays because I don't have enough hands to deal with DS's curiosity forget about holding a book.

Hulababy Mon 11-Jul-05 21:27:02

I'd go for taking stuff to keep the two children occupied, and then throw in a couple of magazines from airport to be honest. The youngest may sleep a bit of flight. 5yo possible, maybe? But probably not for long anyway. And if they do sleep, you could always watch a film or listen to the music.

janeite Mon 11-Jul-05 22:08:55

just in case they give you enough peace to read, I recommend "The Time Traveller's Wife" - it's well written but very gripping too and it's heart wrending at the end - a real emotional trip.

LizP Tue 12-Jul-05 14:30:08

I flew Vancouver - London with a 5 year old, 3 year old and 6 month old alone and did get a bit of reading in - but stuck to magazines.

The flight was much better than I expected - I found controlling them at the airport much more stressful!

babyonboard Wed 13-Jul-05 08:46:02

453 by geoff ryman could be good..its a series of stories, one per page, telling about the day of each passsenger on a tube, and lots of them are intertwined. handy if you will be constantly picking it up and putting it down..i really liked it.
http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/Article3474.htm
this link tells you what each ailine will offer to keep kids entertained..worth checking if yours is listed so you know to ask for them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now