Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

'war of the worlds'

(5 Posts)
lilaclotus Mon 27-Jun-05 21:39:05

finally, i am reading it, as it's one of my dh's favourite books and he's on about taking me to see the film (he's been going 'ohh' and 'ahhh' at the trailers on tv). i thought it was about time i read it. maybe now i will understand it all when he goes on and on about it
only problem is dh is obsessive about his book collection and i am trying my best not to make any marks on his copy or do something really stupid like bend the spine! he'd kill me!

TwoIfBySea Wed 29-Jun-05 00:01:45

I always enjoyed the book but am wary of seeing the film incase they Americanise it. I won't say how or I'd spoil the ending but there is an obvious way they could and it would ruin the whole theme of the book.

Then again as a story it works brilliantly for being updated.

sparklymieow Wed 29-Jun-05 00:02:34

oooooo is the book good???

lilaclotus Wed 29-Jun-05 08:54:28

i've read about 6 chapters now and i'm really liking the fact it's set in britain. i think the fact that the film is set in america might put me off. my dh says there's a film which sticks to the book all the way through and it's now gone straight to dvd.

Flamesparrow Wed 29-Jun-05 08:56:23

Loved the book... very very very wary of seeing the film though. The trailer looks all wrong, and I haven't read it for years (so maybe its just my memory that's wrong )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now