Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Cloud Atlas

(6 Posts)
noddyholder Thu 23-Jun-05 15:27:07

Have any of you read this It is the book for my group which is tonight and I just couldn't get going with it.

hoxtonchick Thu 23-Jun-05 15:28:33

i had to really force myself to read it. i was disappointed as i've really liked his previous books. i did like some of the characters, but others were just boring. so yes i've read it but i wasn't impressed.

noddyholder Thu 23-Jun-05 15:29:53

oh good as at times i have been the only one who hasn't liked a particular book but looking hopeful that others may not have liked it either

bundle Thu 23-Jun-05 15:29:55

missed first chapter as friend told me it was boring..quite liked the rest esp the belgian thing and strangely the sci-fi (which i normally loathe). other friends have said that too, hc, that they were disappointed. reading breakfast at tiffany's atm, what a difference! x

crystaltips Thu 23-Jun-05 20:10:07

I ploughed through the whole thing .... and it was only on the penultimate section that I actually started to enjoy it ....

Would not however recommend it to anybody

suedonim Fri 24-Jun-05 16:51:43

Rather a chore to read and I only did so for my bookgroup. I quite enjoyed the first & last three chapters/short stories/whatever they were but hated the middle bits. Whatever did it all mean??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now