Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Lovely children's book all about co-sleeping.

(4 Posts)
Hulababy Tue 14-Jun-05 20:24:32

My 3yo DD recieved a lovely children's book instead of a party bag from a friend recently (a MNetter too).

It is a really lovely book, and the the whole thing is about co-sleeping, albeit in the end with 7 children!

It is: The Biggest Bed in the World by Lindsay Camp*

*Synopsis

Ben's dad wasn't getting much sleep. There were too many children in his bed. Not just Ben, but also his baby brother Billy. And then the twins, Beth and Bart, arrived. There was only one thing for it...Ben's dad fetched his tools, and set to work building the biggest bed in the world. At last he had enough room to sleep comfortably, even after the triplets, Briony, Bella and Boris were born. But, unfortunately for Ben's dad, he still had a problem. The biggest bed in the world was also the heaviest bed in the world and one night, in the middle of the night, it began to move...Lindsay Camp's hilarious tale will delight pre-school children, who will love the rhythmic, patterned language and the outrageous idea of a bed on the move with a whole family asleep on top of it. AGE 3-7

There is also one illustration clearly showing mummy breast feeding too.

I'd really recommend it - so sweet. DD loves it!

Here on Amazon

Hulababy Fri 17-Jun-05 09:49:51

Any bump to recommend this.... it really is lovely. Has no one else read it with their little ones?

Aero Fri 17-Jun-05 09:57:38

I second that - this is such a lovely story and so funny! We borrowed it from Cadbury a little while ago and it made us all smile.

zubb Fri 17-Jun-05 10:14:13

We've got this one - ds1 (3) really loves it. We sometimes end up with both boys in bed with us in the morning and with a baby due soon ds1 often says that we'll need the biggest bed in the world!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now