Talk

Advanced search

2 john irving reading tickets for south bank centre this monday

(9 Posts)
overthemill Fri 09-Oct-09 15:50:30

we can't go now. Cost £12.50 each - happy to take £20 for the pair and will send recorded delivery to address of your choice for monday. seems such a shame to not use them, he's reading from his new book

BoysAreLikeDogs Fri 09-Oct-09 15:51:50

I heart John Irving, he was swoony when he was younger, too

<shallow>

bumping for you

Lio Fri 09-Oct-09 15:55:26

overthemill this sounds fab, but am concerned that the postal strike might stop them getting here. Do you live in North (or central) London, by any chance, or is there something clever to be done by explaining to the nice people at the SBC box office?

Lio Fri 09-Oct-09 15:58:32

By the way, I should say: this is for my lovely friend at work, who lives in NW6 and is a John Irving nut. She is willing to collect the tickets from you in person this weekend, depending on where you live.

overthemill Fri 09-Oct-09 16:03:10

lio, i live in bedfordshire. i can get them to our sorting office before the end of the day and definitely get them to her in time i am ceratin - they guarantee next day i think

Lio Fri 09-Oct-09 16:05:01

Thanks, overthemill, my friend is going to have a quick look at the SBC website and decide...

overthemill Fri 09-Oct-09 16:06:50

ok, i am gutted i can't go now, school parents evening snuck in on me. this would have been such a treat, i love john irving

Lio Fri 09-Oct-09 16:08:11

Aaw, sorry overthemill, she's decided against it, hope you find another taker. Like you say, such a shame not to use them.

overthemill Fri 09-Oct-09 16:22:18

no problem, hopefully someone else may want them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now