Talk

Advanced search

Lollipop Shoes by Joanne Harris

(6 Posts)
GetOrfMoiLand Wed 07-Oct-09 12:43:49

MIL lent me this last week and as there is a complete book drought in my house at the moment, and have had no chance to go to the book shop, I read it out of desperation, not really expecting to enjoy it. I disliked Chocolat so thought Lollipop Shoes would be an endurance.

I really liked it! Not my type of book at all, but found it rivetting, and really well written.

Anyone else read it?

paranoidmother Wed 07-Oct-09 14:31:02

Yes i've read it and enjoyed it to. I did like better than Chocolat but found that it helped having read the first one.

MrsGhoulofGhostbourne Wed 07-Oct-09 14:42:43

Intereted to read this as have got both on order from Amazon marketplace after reading 'Gentlement and Players this weekend, which I did not expect to enjoy, (an not a comfortable read but found riveting and unputdownable.

FlyingMonkey Wed 07-Oct-09 14:49:46

I've read it - a real pageturner and not too demanding. Great for when you are knackered and just want a quick and easy read. Although it did start to get very sinister towards the end!

GetOrfMoiLand Wed 07-Oct-09 16:40:44

yes, flyingmonkey, that's what I thought. Was expecting a dozy read about chocolate and magic tricks, however it was getting pretty sinister towards the end, and it was brilliantly written, really kept the feeling of suspense and impending creepiness.

Would make a good film, I think.

MrsSaxon Wed 07-Oct-09 18:17:45

I loved this, as well as chocolat. They really avoke a certain feeling.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now