Talk

Advanced search

Just finished the last sequel to Twilight and am bereft

(23 Posts)
MamaVoo Fri 02-Oct-09 19:33:10

OK, I know this isn't the most 'adult' of fiction, but I absolutely loved Twilight and the three books that came after. I've read them all over the past couple of weeks and am now feeling a little lost without my daily dose of teen vampire romance and Edward lust.

Am I the only one who's going to admit to this, and what on earth shall I read next?

RubysReturn Fri 02-Oct-09 19:35:18

The other vamp series is supposed to be even more grown up but good sookie something?

FlameWithTooManyHormones Fri 02-Oct-09 19:40:44

have you done Midnight Sun online?

MamaVoo Fri 02-Oct-09 19:41:48

Thanks Ruby. Will check it out on Amazon.

TinaSparkles Fri 02-Oct-09 19:43:55

I have to admit too and I finished reading them back in June and have never quite filled that void sad.

It's not that I even particularly like vampire novels (though I did spend my teenage years with Anne Rice) and I LOVE reading classics, Orange/Booker etc. prize-winning stuff.

Have managed Marian Keyes and The Lost Symbol but gave up on anything heavier. Do let me know when you find something that will you?!

MamaVoo Fri 02-Oct-09 19:46:48

Didn't know about Midnight Sun but have just downloaded it.

Tina - I'm not a particular vampire novel fan myself and normally steer away from the 'black cover, lots of sequels' genre, but I was completely hooked.

fizzyanddizzy Sat 03-Oct-09 10:26:51

The sookie stackhouse stories are fab - very different to twilight but great - and there are 10 of them!!!!!!! They got me through my post twilight depression. Am now trying to find something to get me through my post sookie depression grin

elkiedee Sun 11-Oct-09 01:39:14

I've not read Twilight but like Charlaine Harris.

dp likes Laurell K Hamilton though I was bored by her first Anita Blake book. Tanya Huff is another one whose books dp has enjoyed.

jabberwocky Sun 11-Oct-09 03:10:39

I have to admit to going on a bit of a vampire bing after the twilight series blush I blame dh. He bought me the book for my birthday as a bit of a lark and started an obsession!

esselle Sun 11-Oct-09 04:46:37

I have had the same void in my life too - so when I finished reading them all I read them again, and again!

My Dh has stopped calling me a freak now and just gives me a look that says 'why are you reading those books again you crazy woman!!!'

If you look on the Stephenie Meyer website there are a lot of extras from each book which were deleted when the book was edited. Just more details on certain scenes which were too long for the book. This helped quench my thirst a little.

I also have the DVD which I have watched many many many times! Usually when I am doing the ironing it goes on!!

I have also spent and unreasonable amount of time on some fan sites www.newmoonmovie.org and www.eclipsemovie.org But only if you are addicted to the movie and it's actors too.

I have found that during my breaks between reading the books that my children are less neglected...blush

RosieGirl Wed 14-Oct-09 18:38:15

I too have become "lost". I have always been an avid reader and have never felt this way about a series of books. I admitted it in public the other day as I feel the need to share my obesssion and found one other who was completely mad like me and is also over the age of 17 wink. I have tried several books, a couple of easy going chick-lits, but still end up reading my favourite bits out of Eclipse (my personal favourite) and checking out websites dedicated to Twilight. I really feel slightly unbalanced!!!

MamaVoo Thu 15-Oct-09 14:08:07

Hi ladies. I'm so glad it's not just me who has this obsession. I think I'll go for the reading them all again option.

Unbalanced is definitely the word for it. When dh phones from work now he asks if I'm 'with Edward' blush

Looking forward to the new film out next month.

mollyroger Thu 15-Oct-09 14:16:28

whispers <<teamJacob>>

MamaVoo Thu 15-Oct-09 16:28:14

Controversial wink

mollyroger Thu 15-Oct-09 16:29:24

lone wolf me, <<sniggers>>

TeamEdward Thu 15-Oct-09 16:30:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TeamEdward Thu 15-Oct-09 16:31:04

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mollyroger Thu 15-Oct-09 16:39:19

I do need to stress my Jacob fantasies are to do with the books and my imagination not neccessarily as he is portrayed in the films....(I need long hair....!)

Heathcliffscathy Thu 15-Oct-09 16:40:36

charlaine harris the sookie stackhouse series (trueblood).

there are nine. they will do you for about 3 weeks!

mollyroger Thu 15-Oct-09 16:42:35

oh god. a new obession..
Soph, I read 3 Twlight books in 4 days
Are they more sustaining?

CLOVER81 Thu 15-Oct-09 17:05:50

THE CITY OF SERIES BY CASSABDRA CLARE was also reccommended by stephanie meyer very good i have all 3 books wish there were more

Winibaghoul Thu 15-Oct-09 17:15:34

Mmmm Twilight. yes. i have finally got over that 'lost' feeling that came with finishing the series. My brother refuses to read them, (he's read the sooki stackhouse ones though)
Am debating whether or not to read those, but I haven't really made up my mind about t 'true blood' yet.

Heathcliffscathy Thu 15-Oct-09 21:24:40

slightly more molly. they are for adults rather than teens. however they are still pulp fiction. feistier. funnier. but there is still that vampire thang going on!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now