Talk

Advanced search

how do you start a book group?

(4 Posts)
beansmum Wed 08-Jun-05 12:52:06

I really want to go to a book group, but all the ones I can find are in the evening. How do you go about starting your own, ideally I would just ask people I know, but I don't know anyone!

Actually I don't know if there would be much demand for a daytime book group, what do you think?

compo Wed 08-Jun-05 13:27:25

Okay the ex librarian is coming out in me now!! First go down to your libray and see what help they will give you to start up a day time one eg. free reservations for books, or they might be able to provide a venue. Then advertise in places where mums and students go as they will be free (hopefully) in the day

wendy33 Wed 08-Jun-05 22:25:43

Hi
if you live in Northampton I would definately come!!!

I would say to go to your local library and put up a notice with a contact number so you can see how popular it is

I have started a book club on here on a seperate link if you are interested. Our first book was The Tiger's Child by Torey Hayden!
Post a message if you are interested!

Good Luck!

Cristina7 Wed 08-Jun-05 22:30:46

A few years back Waterstone's website had some tips on starting a bookgroup. I think it's a good idea. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now