Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

The Library - book lists please!

(12 Posts)
SaintGeorge Mon 06-Jun-05 11:28:03

JJ and Tech have been busily working away behind the scenes preparing the Mumsnet Library.

Tech will hopefully be ready to upload the books to the database when he returns from holiday in a couple of weeks time, so now I need your help.

Books please! I have promises of book lists from various Mumsnetters - you know who you are - but nothing has arrived in my email yet (tut tut).

So please, anyone who is happy to 'donate' books to the library, get those lists in to me as soon as possible - I really want this to be a success and would hate it if JJ and Tech's hard work goes to waste.

Thank you.

Title, Author, Genre, Brief Outline, Paperback/Hardback.

Send to antlxstew @ yahoo.co.uk (remove spaces)

SaintGeorge Mon 06-Jun-05 12:52:59

SaintGeorge Mon 06-Jun-05 22:11:57

Bump for the night crew.

Please, anybody? - I know I wasn't the only one who wanted the library.

MarsLady Mon 06-Jun-05 22:13:12

alright! alright! Gosh so much pressure!!!!!!!!!

SaintGeorge Mon 06-Jun-05 22:14:11

Thank you Mars - but I know there were more than just you and me

oliveoil Wed 08-Jun-05 13:43:06

bump

wendy33 Wed 08-Jun-05 22:27:59

Hi Saintgeorge!
I still think it is a great idea!
I am happy to donate.
Why dont you put a link up on the other link
Mumsnet Book Club! Im sure you will get loads of interest on there!

bran Wed 08-Jun-05 22:36:14

I know I promised, and I will, I really will, but it turns out that a child is a lot of work (who'd have thought ) and I can only use the computer when he's asleep, at which point dh usually hogs the computer doing important work. I only have a few seconds to even tell you this because he's waiting for the kettle to boil. Can I get started on it next week after ds' birthday party? Please?

SaintGeorge Wed 08-Jun-05 22:42:51

Yippee - someone else has replied.

I was getting worried that people were losing interest and I know JJ and Tech have put a lot of work into getting the database organised.

bran - oh go on then, since you asked so nicely .

wendy - not sure what you mean by a link on the other link? This is under Book Club Topic already

bensmum3 Sun 10-Jul-05 09:13:34

Sorry, I'm guilty . Have a nonstop weekend, but will try and send my list on Tuesday.

SaintGeorge Sun 10-Jul-05 14:40:37

Thanks bensmum. Don't feel guilty - I haven't even done my own list yet

The library is still going ahead but due to other stuff keeping them busy at MN Towers it has been postponed til the autumn.

Still get those lists done though

Oliviab Sun 10-Jul-05 21:50:03

Sorry too lazy to scan the threads - how does this library work then? Does it mean we have to read books from the screen or print them off or are we talking real books and a kind of bookcrossing thing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now