Advanced search

The Ivy Chronicles

(6 Posts)
TheDMshouldbeRivened Fri 18-Sep-09 19:20:30

anyone read this?

dalek Fri 18-Sep-09 19:24:13

I hated it - pile of poo

TheDMshouldbeRivened Fri 18-Sep-09 19:26:59

I'm wondering how much is based on fact. Do the rich of manhatten really behave like this.
One sentence stuck in my mind. Ivy is say with her friend who is married to a billionaire and the other mums cut her dead until someone recognises the friend. The nasty mum says 'why didn't someone tell me she wasn't a nobody'

What an awful way to live and think.

I picked it up in a charity shop - I tend to buy a few books, try them then give them back. Its readable. Not as bad as 'the rise and fall of the yummy mummy' which I read last week!

TotalChaos Fri 18-Sep-09 19:29:29

I sort of skim read it in the library, it was alright, if you can detach yourself from the (a)morality of that lifestyle.

TheDMshouldbeRivened Fri 18-Sep-09 19:32:42

I also picked up
the accidental family
the accidental mother
Living with mother
Can you keep a secret.

Easy chick lit I believe.
My usual preference is sci-fi/fantasy though but I had everything the charity shops had so wanted something easy to read while in hospital.

5Foot5 Sun 20-Sep-09 16:41:44

Yes I read it and quite enjoyed it. It is easy and undemanding fun.

If what she writes about the competitiveness of Manhattan high-flyers is in any way accurate it is pretty horrifying. There are a lot of similarites here with "The Nanny" by(mumble - can't remember the name off hand but it was made in to a film I believe) which describes the desparation of the wealthy family to get their son in to the "right" prep school.

I have read a couple more books by Nancy Quinn and generally found them quite good fun.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now