Talk

Advanced search

Fancy a new cook book so should it be Jamie's America OR Economy Gastronomy?

(14 Posts)
McDreamy Wed 09-Sep-09 19:37:45

It's not like I haven't got many recipe books but I NEED a new one - but which one?

EleanoraBuntingCupcake Wed 09-Sep-09 19:40:01

i saw one episode of economy gastronomy and thought it was a pile of shite.

i normally quite like jamie oliver recipes

tbh i wouldn't boover do you have nigel slater's kitchen diaries?

McDreamy Wed 09-Sep-09 19:52:13

No I haven't. I took a couple of Nigel Slater's books out of the library a few months ago but he didn't really do it for me! Not that one though - will read reviews on Amazon now smile

McDreamy Wed 09-Sep-09 19:54:27

Sounds fabulous!

GoldenSnitch Wed 09-Sep-09 20:06:25

I have Real Food and Real Cooking by Nigel Slater. I love his stuff.

Have 3 Jamie Oliver books which I also enjoy cooking from. Much less calorific than Mr Slater. Not really been insipired by Jamie's America on TV though.

About to watch another episode of Economy Gastronomy. Still not made my mind up about it. Pretty sure I couldn't have liived through Salmon week without never being able to look at that fish again!!

HalfMumHalfBiscuit Wed 09-Sep-09 20:21:06

Ditto pasta week

Mummyisamonster Wed 09-Sep-09 20:24:55

Get 'em from the library first, I looked through the Gastronomy one and it didn't grab me at all whereas the TV series has (although I would agree with GoldenSnitch about the salmon episode!).

Meself, I'm a Nigella girl

McDreamy Wed 09-Sep-09 20:26:42

Yes I thought that too but (having not watched much of it on tv) wouldn't you make large quantities as suggested and freeze so you wouldn't have to eat the same thing every night?

McDreamy Wed 09-Sep-09 21:06:14

OK stupid question but all these recipes they are showing on the show - they are all in the book yes?

totalmisfit Wed 09-Sep-09 21:23:32

forget both - i'm after Levi Roots 'Caribbean Cookery' book at the moment. I forget what it's called but yum yum yum... so flippin healthy too...

GoldenSnitch Wed 09-Sep-09 21:27:49

I think they're all on the webiste too...

McDreamy Wed 09-Sep-09 21:31:04

Yes I've just printed a job lot off the website!

GoldenSnitch Wed 09-Sep-09 21:36:29

There you go - that saved you £20 - proper Economy Gastronomy

EleanoraBuntingCupcake Wed 09-Sep-09 22:10:53

kitchen diaries is fabulous and is hilarious in parts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now