Talk

Advanced search

John Grisham - should I carry on?

(14 Posts)
tillyfernackerpants Tue 25-Aug-09 07:59:21

A few people have been telling me how good John Grisham is & as I like crime/thriller books thought I would give him a go.

Am about 1/4 through A Time to Kill and I am really struggling. I'll finish this one but honestly, does he get better or should I just stop now?!

girlsyearapart Tue 25-Aug-09 08:08:56

Have enjoyed all of them except The Appeal which I haven't finished. The names of the characters can be a bit far fetched though..

madusa Tue 25-Aug-09 20:22:58

I loves all of his except "A painted house"

His law books really are very good.

HaggisNeepsnTatties Tue 25-Aug-09 20:24:24

The Broker (think by JG) is brilliant - could not put it down!!

PuppyLoves Tue 25-Aug-09 20:28:19

Agree with madusa

TinyPawz Tue 25-Aug-09 21:31:16

A time to kill is a fantastic book! Though I would say that JG is one of my favuorite authors.

You should really watch the film when you complete the book.

Alambil Mon 31-Aug-09 01:29:43

The Street Lawyer is fantastic IMO

TinyPawz Mon 31-Aug-09 11:41:10

Lewis, I enjoyed that book too, although I thought is was quite short.

A must read JG book is 'The Firm', utterly brilliant. That eejit Tom Cruise ruined it for me!

vinblanc Mon 31-Aug-09 11:43:42

I've enjoyed all the John Grisham books I have read. I recently finished The Appeal. I love his cynicism.

Flamesparrow Mon 31-Aug-09 11:46:44

Its weird, I find John Grisham a bit meh, but actually seem to enjoy them (if that makes sense?).

I do love A Time To Kill though just for the storyline (well, and the film for his arse ) - keep going.

(Book is parcelled up... just not left my house btw)

lou031205 Mon 31-Aug-09 16:52:06

The Firm - the first one I read, gripping.

The Client - absolutely fab

The Chamber - hardest to get into.

Horton Mon 31-Aug-09 18:22:24

I absolutely loathe John Grisham. If you're struggling, I'd say don't bother. It might not get any better!

BubbaAndBump Mon 31-Aug-09 18:25:17

I'm with Flamesparrow on this - all a bit meh but I still read them avidly (past tense - find me five mins when I'm not busy MNing being a mother or wife and I'll read again!)

BubbaAndBump Mon 31-Aug-09 18:25:31

I'm with Flamesparrow on this - all a bit meh but I still read them avidly (past tense - find me five mins when I'm not busy MNing being a mother or wife and I'll read again!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now