Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone read and managed to finish Chuck Palahniuk's Pygmy?

(2 Posts)
Rollergirl1 Thu 20-Aug-09 10:28:34

I have started and think I am going to have to abandon as the style it is written is doing my head in!

I really like some of his books and really hate some of his books and I know to expect some kind of gimmick or other but this book (hailed as his finest novel since Fight Club) is just un-readable!

Here is one paragraph:

'Begins here first account of operative me, agent number 67 on arrival mid-western American airport greater _____ area. Flight __. Date ____. Priority mission top success to complete. Code name. Operation Havoc. Fellow operatives already pass immigrant control, through secure doors and to embrace own other host family people. Operative Tibor, agent 23; operative Magda, agent 36; operative Ling, agent 19. All violate United States secure port of entry having success. Each now embedded among middle-income corrupt American family, all other homes, other schools, and neighbours of same city. By not after next today, strategy of web of operatives to be established'.

It only gets worse.

PoisonToadstool Thu 15-Oct-09 18:29:59

Rollergirl, how did you get on?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now