Talk

Advanced search

Can I introduce you to Stuart MacBride - crime author from my area

(8 Posts)
smellymel Thu 13-Aug-09 12:15:23

Have read all of Stuart MacBride's books and thoroughly enjoyed them. He writes about Grampian Police and crimes that take place in and around the Aberdeen area (north east scotland). Very enjoyable books, punctuated by humour. You can find his website at www.stuartmacbride.com

Antdamm Sun 16-Aug-09 20:17:25

I have bought three of his books after stumbling across Flesh House which I thought was amazing. They are in my pile of 'to be read' books and I can't wait.

I used to live in Scotland, and i love that they are familiar.

melanielovescupcakes Mon 17-Aug-09 08:05:54

I would put them at the top of your pile! I thought they were all great. Like you, I like that when they talk about a particular area I can "see" it in my head. Enjoy!

Oh I love his books!

Was introduced to him through Mark Billinghams books and forum.

Funny yet very very gritty, just my kind of writing style!

x

Maria2007 Mon 17-Aug-09 10:29:37

Thanks Always good to have recommendations for something new...

shandyleer Wed 23-Sep-09 14:41:47

Bit of a late contribution I know, but I just have to say that I would love to work with, or even just know, a DI Steel. She makes me laugh out loud, and McBride describes her brilliantly.

gallery Fri 25-Sep-09 09:45:20

I like him too and looking out for his next book. His prime character is really good though I do wish he gave a little more detail on his split from the WC. That story seemed swept over between books and has left me wondering. Also his date with the Prosecution service lady all seemed to disappear in the last book.
Anyway, the story is excellent though I think he can be gruesome at times.

gallusbesom Tue 20-Oct-09 20:55:53

Just finished his first book after this recommendation and thoroughly enjoyed it. Just about to start a Mark Billinghams one (buried?) Thank you for the recommendation

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now