Talk

Advanced search

The ten year nap by Meg Wolitzer

(3 Posts)
nostalgicattimes Sun 09-Aug-09 10:15:33

Recently read the 'Ten year nap' by Meg Wolitzer & thought it was surprisingly good. It kind of 'smells' like chick-lit but it anything bad. It's a bit sad, actually; about the lives of 4 SAHMs 10 years down the line (aka when their children are 10 years old, hence the '10 year nap'). Read it very quickly & enjoyed it & would recommend it. Wonder if anyone else has read it & wanted to chat about it?

christie2 Sun 09-Aug-09 12:22:52

I read it and thought it was a good read. I just passed it onto my friend. She felt the same way, good, but need a little kick of something. I felt like I wanted something more from it. It seemed to go so far, then drop a theme. The scene where the woman breastfeeds the other woman's child is good. Overall though, it is a good book and I would recommend it.

Maria2007 Sun 09-Aug-09 21:35:31

Yes, I liked it, and was pleasantly surprised by it. Wasn't a 'heavy' read; read it in a couple of days. But was much more thought-provoking about life as a stay-at-home-mother than I expected it to be when I started with it.

And Christie, yes, the scene with the breastfeeding is quite a strong one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now