Talk

Advanced search

Calling all MN members with Harry Potter knowledge!!

(5 Posts)
LovingTheRain Fri 31-Jul-09 16:36:54

I wondered if any of you out there were Harry Potter 'buffs' and could answer some questions about it! I have read all seven books but finished the 7th very shortly after it came out so it has been a few years! I jsut saw the film for the second time today with the DCs and it has got me wondering. I know the films are so different to the books

Few questions I have:

1. Has Snape always been working for Voldermort? In the film he said he has managed to fool Dumbledore for many years - was this the case in the books?

2. Why was Dumbledore's hand blackened in the film? Was this the case in the books?

A few others (More film related)

3. Why was the room of requirement the same for Ginny and Harry as it was for Malfoy?
I thought it changed for each person's individual needs?

There is more but will leave it at this for now!! grin

UndertheBoredwalk Fri 31-Jul-09 16:37:41

Posted on other thread!

CurlyCasper Fri 31-Jul-09 16:55:54

1. You did say you had read all the books didn't you? Saying too much now after the latest film would ruin the ending in the final two films!

2. Blackened because of Slytherin ring - refered to in both book and film

3. Because they all required a place to hide something

Any more?

LovingTheRain Fri 31-Jul-09 16:59:39

thanks for the answers. Yes I have read the books though admittedly it has been a few years. Plus, I don't think I took it all 'in' or retained all the information as I would usually read them very late at night when the DCs were all in bed or I couldn't get back to sleep after BF.

CurlyCasper Fri 31-Jul-09 19:17:26

Hope that didn't come across rude - didn't mean to. It's just that I could explain Snape but don't want to ruin things for anyone who might be following the films rather than the books x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now