Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone help me remember the name of this book?

(9 Posts)
DeFluffMyFanjo Thu 30-Jul-09 21:50:44

Argh, all I can remember is that it had a blind man who hired a carer to look after him. Things start happening like his things get moved around and he thinks he's going mad (I think), at the end it turns out the carer is doing it all because the blind man abused him as a young man.

Any ideas what the title is? I want to read it again!

And ditto...

Woman has perfect life then a sherif turns up on the door and arrests her husband for rape something like 15 years before. Slowly it turns out husband isn't who she thought he was at all. Think this is a fairly recent book, last 6 years or so but again I can't remember the title!

babyignoramus Fri 31-Jul-09 09:34:37

Defluff, can't help you but you could try here. Fabulous website for finding books when you can't remember author or title.

lemonpuff Fri 31-Jul-09 09:50:21

No idea about the first book, pretty sure the second one is written by a woman, with an italian sounding surname-would know it if I saw it! going to the library later and will look for it. Was the husband a policeman or something similar. Set in a small American town?

yappybluedog Fri 31-Jul-09 09:56:19

is the 2nd one Alice Hoffman?

the 1st one is ringing bells....

MrsMuddle Fri 31-Jul-09 10:08:31

Is the second one by Anita Shreve? It rings vague bells. No idea about the first one, but it sounds great!

thenameiwantedwastaken Fri 31-Jul-09 14:18:44

The second one is The Blue Diary by Alice Hoffman www.amazon.co.uk/Blue-Diary-Alice-Hoffman/dp/0099429144/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1249046204&sr =1-1 Good, if harrowing, read!

yappybluedog Fri 31-Jul-09 15:52:07

tell us if you find out the title for the 1st one, i want to read it too

DeFluffMyFanjo Mon 03-Aug-09 13:51:02

Thanks everyone. Will keep trying re first title and will report back.

I'd like to know the name of the first one too, that sounds like my kind of book, Will be watching this thread!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now