Talk

Advanced search

"Numbe 1 Ladies' Detective Agency" Series

(11 Posts)
singersgirl Sat 21-May-05 10:44:33

Anyone else love these? I'm just reading the last one "In the Company of Cheerful Ladies" and I love them. They make me laugh out loud and have also moved me to tears. That's it really.

Thomcat Sat 21-May-05 11:26:43

Yes they are fab, wonderful, wonderful books.

Azure Sat 21-May-05 11:48:59

Yep, I've read and enjoyed all of these books. Such a gentle, comforting read.

Xena Sat 21-May-05 12:22:41

I haven't read that title but read the first 2 in the series and thought they were great.

Caribbeanqueen Sat 21-May-05 12:39:31

Yes, I love them, easy to read and really good fun.

Hausfrau Sat 21-May-05 12:50:02

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

marthamoo Sat 21-May-05 13:06:48

There are six (I think) Hausfrau. I love these books - Mme Ramotswe is a fantastic character. I love McCall Smith's deceptively simple style.

singersgirl Sat 21-May-05 13:57:41

Well, this morning, as DH has the boys at football and swimming, I've read all but the last two chapters, and I won't know what to do when I finish. I got this last one from the library (published last year), so don't know if it's out in paperback yet. Quite looking forward to "HP and the Half Blood Prince" which we've pre-ordered, but I'm sure DS1 won't let me read it before him. And he reads much more slowly than me....
Good to hear from other fans! Will we ever find out any of Mr. J.L.B. Matekoni's first names?

YeahBut Sat 21-May-05 19:55:22

The L (as in Mr J.L.B.) is for Livingstone but don't know the rest. Got this from the official Alexander McCall Smith website which is really nice. Even has a Q and A session with Mma Ramotwswe!

ScummyMummy Sat 21-May-05 20:04:12

Love them too. I must read the last one soon. Excited at the thought.

singersgirl Sun 22-May-05 22:57:37

Thanks, YeahBut. Will check out the A McCall Smith website. Finished the book last night and feel a Q&A with Mma Ramotswe would do me good.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now