Talk

Advanced search

What book is this...

(6 Posts)
SoupDragon Mon 20-Jul-09 21:49:14

I read it in 2003 and I think it was newly published then.

I'm sure it had an old fashioned sailing ship on the dark blue cover.

The only bit I can remember is that a man was staying in a castle where the beds moved round in the night and he fell in love with the daughter of the castle owner (?) as their beds passed in the night.

It's bugging me for some reason and I cant remember what it's called.

TIA

LastTrainToNowhere Mon 20-Jul-09 22:55:02

Salamander by Thomas Wharton

there you go

I thought I was the only person in the world who'd read this book!

SoupDragon Tue 21-Jul-09 08:32:35

Blimey, I would never have guessed that name I've been running titles thrrough tmy head, unable to come up with anything!

IIRC, I chose it on the basis of the front cover and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm hoping it's up in the loft with approximately 200 other books.

Thanks!

LastTrainToNowhere Tue 21-Jul-09 14:55:45

I enjoyed it too, but it's so obscure that noone I know has ever even heard of it. I got it from the library just because I liked the cover and I had no idea what the story was about till I read it. It's stuck in my head though, even 7 years later some images are very vivid. Especially the travelling beds!

Jux Tue 21-Jul-09 15:03:04

It sounds really interesting. I think I'll give that a go; thanks smile

SoupDragon Tue 21-Jul-09 16:10:06

I need to read it again.

I thought of it the other day when someone on MN needed a sci fi/fantasy book for her book group. Obviously couldn't recommend it as I couldn't remember what it was!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now