Talk

Advanced search

If you like Twilight

(10 Posts)
Twims Thu 16-Jul-09 19:06:42

What other books would you reccomend?

It's a good friends birthday coming up and I wanted to treat her to a new book - I know she loved Twilight - so what else would you reccomend?

Tamarto Thu 16-Jul-09 19:07:34

Her other book The Host was good.

Twims Thu 16-Jul-09 19:26:51

Ooh that looks good and is new out so don't think she will have picked it up yet - will nosey tomorrow when I pop in.

TwoIfBySea Thu 16-Jul-09 20:25:03

The Night Watch by Sergei Lukyanenko (sp will probably be wrong!) Again it is along the vampire lines, set in Moscow, more grown up than Twilight and Anton is definitely more appealing than Edward!

Twims Thu 16-Jul-09 21:02:23

Ooh that does look good and not a bad price on bookdepository website.

juuule Thu 16-Jul-09 21:20:22

Wicked Lovely

Ink Exchange

Fragile Eternity

by Melissa Marr

I'm just finishing Fragile Eternity and have really enjoyed the books. Was a bit sceptical when first recommended (put off a bit with 'faerie' being mentioned] but not quite what I was expecting. Found them easy-reading and kept me interested.

A review on my book does say would give Twilight a run for it's money Not sure about that but it is good. imo

goldmothernat Thu 16-Jul-09 21:42:59

Not read Twilight but I also really enjoyed The Night Watch.

LyraSilvertongue Fri 17-Jul-09 18:59:49

The Mortal Instruments series - City of Bones, City of Ashes, City of Glass - which was recommended by the author of Twilight.

babyignoramus Thu 23-Jul-09 20:05:37

Ooooh, Twoifbysea, I was just about to recommend The Night Watch - I am reading it at the moment and it's the best thing I've picked up in years. smile

Sandy22 Fri 24-Jul-09 16:34:30

Try Rachel Caine's Morganville Vampire Series and PC and Kristen Cast House of Night series and I agree with LyraSilvertongue the Mortal Instruments Series are fantastic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now