Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What do you think of Dorothy Koomson?

(13 Posts)
wheresclaire Sat 11-Jul-09 23:22:56

I read Goodnight,beautiful. It was so so sad and beautifully written. I then read Marshmallows for breakfast. Not as good. I'm now half way through The Cupid Effect and I just dont think I can be bothered to carry on. How can one book be so amazing while the others are pretty boring? Anyone else read her?

roundabout1 Sat 11-Jul-09 23:31:20

Is The Cupid Effect her first novel? I've not read that but have read all of her others. I enjoyed all of them although at times they did seem a bit the same. Think My Best Friends Girl was my favourite.

mcfly79 Sat 11-Jul-09 23:33:06

I felt exactly the same about marshmallows for breakfast, have you read 'my best friends girl' it was wonderful,enjoyed 'goodnight beautiful' think her books are a bit of a hit or miss.

dizzymare Sat 11-Jul-09 23:33:17

I've only read My Best Friends Girl, and thought it was brilliant smile

cookielove Sun 12-Jul-09 21:56:02

i read my best friends girl first, read it on a flight to Canada, finished it on the way over, totally loved it, have read all her other books and goodnight beautiful, made me cry funnily enough in an airport just about to fly home from Canada, four year gap between the two.

i enjoy all her books, i like authors that hook me into the story she reminds me of a light hearted jodi picoult, who i also love

bodiddly Sun 12-Jul-09 21:58:53

that's spooky - I read Goodnight beautiful last week .. was going to try and find some others at the library this week!

cookielove Sun 12-Jul-09 22:03:34

well def look for my best friends girl first, so beautifully written, you know how some people shout at the telly (me) i really wanted to shout at the book

feedthegoat Sun 12-Jul-09 22:09:02

I sobbed reading Goodnight beautiful and thought it was really good. I did finish The cupid effect and Marshmallows for breakfast but didn't enjoy them as much. I haven't read My best friends girl.

dizzymare Thu 16-Jul-09 22:33:57

I went out and got Goodnight beautiful a few days ago afer reading what you'd all said about it, but now I might leave it a while if it's a weepy. I don't need any help right nowblush

icedgemsrock Thu 30-Jul-09 21:05:14

goodnight beautiful was a gripping read, I kept thinking about it for ages after i'd finished.

Sidge Thu 30-Jul-09 21:21:17

I have Goodnight Beautiful out from the library at the moment - I've put it down to read one of my other library books as it's SO BORING!

Tell me it gets better!

BrigitBigKnickers Thu 30-Jul-09 22:23:20

I must be in the minority here as I thought my best friends girl was badly written sentimental crap.

And this from someone who usually picks books with pink or green covers.grin

I have not bothered reading any more of her books as a result.

elsiepiddock Sun 09-Aug-09 12:42:36

I read My Best Friend's Girl recently.

I thought it was a predictable load of shite and badly written too. I can't believe I didn't give up on it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now