Talk

Advanced search

Charlaine Harris - Anyone read

(8 Posts)
busterk Fri 10-Jul-09 20:14:08

I have just started reading 'Dead until dark' and I am really enjoying it.

Has anyone else read any of her books.

The TV series (which starts on FX next week) is based on these books.

JamieJay Fri 10-Jul-09 20:21:27

Have read all of them and really enjoyed them.

The earlier books are slightly better than the last two IMO, the last two felt a bit rushed for me.

I was surprised as the story lines got a little more hard core than I expected and boy does she like to put her all into the sex scenes!

busterk Fri 10-Jul-09 21:04:18

well i have just started them so hopefully i'll enjoy them all.

I didn't really expect them to get hard core although the programme is supposed to be quite graphic.

Sandy22 Fri 10-Jul-09 21:09:20

Hi - I just bought this book today - just need to finish another book before I start this one. Are you going to watch True Blood on FX? Starts on 19th July.

busterk Sun 12-Jul-09 16:59:21

Sorry for late reply Sandy22. Going to watch True Blood. Think it starts on friday though.

Sandy22 Sun 12-Jul-09 18:56:08

Hi Busterk: Halfway through Dead until Dark and enjoying it. Yes your right it is Friday.

elkiedee Sun 13-Sep-09 23:27:50

I think I've read the first 3 in the Sookie Stackhouse and have several more - I've also read 1 or 2 of her books about Lily Bard, very different, and the 1st in her Aurora Teagarden series, very different again. I'm on an email list where we discuss crime fiction of all kinds and discuss 3 books a month, although I haven't joined in the group read discussions for a few years, and I heard of Charlaine Harris through that, plus I've since heard her speak at events in the US.

I've been recording True Blood but haven't watched yet, I do quite enjoy the books though.

TheFoosa Mon 28-Sep-09 15:45:12

I've just read the first one and I'm not sure if it was good or not

It seems to be taking me a while to become accustomed to her style of writing

do they get better?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now