Advanced search

The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society

(10 Posts)
tillyfernackerpants Thu 09-Jul-09 14:06:50

Has anyone read this? I'm about 1/2 way through & really enjoying it

guineamango Thu 09-Jul-09 20:04:12

Not yet but just ordered it from play!

FiveGoMadInDorset Fri 10-Jul-09 13:57:30

I loved it, I loved the way it was written and how much information about Guernsey.

EccentricaGallumbits Fri 10-Jul-09 14:02:28

yes. loved it.

Waswondering Sun 12-Jul-09 18:58:43

Got in in Tesco (2 for £7 thing) for hols and read it . . . then went back to beginning to start again . . . then picked through different bits for a third time. I've loved it - really interested in that period generally, really liked the character of Elizabeth and as the mother to a 3yo liked the depiction of Kit very much.

Highly recommend for holiday reading!

tillyfernackerpants Sun 12-Jul-09 19:26:35

Phew, thought I was the only one for a while! Have now finished it & really enjoyed it, was quite sad when it finished. Will definitely read it again now.

funnypeculiar Sun 12-Jul-09 19:29:14

Loved it - really gentle, witty, carefully constructed story (not the sort of thing i normally go for!)

Avoided it for ages as I thought it would be too twee - actually really liked the tone.

Mumsnut Sun 12-Jul-09 19:33:23

Excellent

BirdyArms Sun 12-Jul-09 23:06:11

I really enjoyed it. I did think that it was slightly on the chicklitty side and could guess the ending almost from the first page but it was a jolly good holiday read. I knew hardly anything about the German occupation of the Channel Islands before reading it and found that fascinating.

Quattrocento Sun 12-Jul-09 23:09:38

I enjoyed this as well. It's light/readable but not trashy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now