Talk

Advanced search

i am reading Alison Weir's 'Innocent Trator' for the second time...

(11 Posts)
juicychops Tue 30-Jun-09 18:31:58

it has got to be one of my favourite books

tudor history is absolutely fascinating to me and it is fast becoming a passion. this book is brilliant - especially as it is written in the first person through so many character's eyes

I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!

anyone else love this book as much as me?

flatcapandpearls Tue 30-Jun-09 18:33:27

Yes I love it too.

juicychops Tue 30-Jun-09 20:33:46

we must be the only ones then it seems...

Wheelybug Tue 30-Jun-09 20:36:24

I have it sitting on my bookshelf where its been sat for a while. Will bump it up the pile if its that good !

Currently reading Phillipa Gregorys new one but not enjoying it immensely unforetunately.

Hasn't she got a new one out ?

flatcapandpearls Tue 30-Jun-09 20:40:00

I don't know, I only catch up with books in the school holidays - 2 and a bit weeks to go until I can read for pleasure!!!

frAKKINPannikin Tue 30-Jun-09 20:41:35

I have to say I didn't like it that much. Couldn't put my finger on it but felt something was lacking and I was disappointed.

NanBullen Tue 30-Jun-09 21:00:43

I love any thing tudor and especially Phillippa Gregory and Alison Weir. The Boleyn Inheritance was fantastic.

Really liked innocent traitor, her mother is portrayed as such a bitch isn't she? I've read Sisters who would be queen by Leanda De Lisle which is a biography of jane and her 2 sisters and is also very good.

AnitaBlake Tue 30-Jun-09 21:01:57

I loved Innocent Traitor! Just finished The Lady Elizabeth, which was just as good, and used one of the characters for a 'bit' part, which was nice!

Portofino Tue 30-Jun-09 21:03:38

I loved that too, and have not long finished the one about Mary Queen of Scots. (can't remember the title though blush)

flatcapandpearls Tue 30-Jun-09 22:21:42

I will try that one NanBullen

NanBullen Wed 01-Jul-09 21:24:09

Have just started a biog of mary queen of scots which so far is ok, she's only a baby at the mo though so should get better!

I'm just waiting for the Tudors to start on tv again and then i'll be in heaven!

I need to get out more really grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now