Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Exciting Bible story book

(18 Posts)
ediemcreedie Sun 15-May-05 20:24:36

My son has recently really got into bible stories and the only book we have is the Lion bible which is a bit short on detail.

Does anyone know of a book for a 7 year old that has a good narrative and great pictures?

roisin Sun 15-May-05 20:27:57

These are a couple of good ones by Bob Hartman (published by Lion):

Angels, angels all around and Bible Baddies

ediemcreedie Sun 15-May-05 20:30:07

Ooh I like the bible baddies one!
tvm

Marina Sun 15-May-05 20:30:18

Oh, these look great roisin. Ds ostentiously read Fievel Goes West all the way through the sermon this morning, as we forgot his DK Bible Stories and all the church had was board books...

ediemcreedie Sun 15-May-05 20:34:33

Has anyone had this here

roisin Sun 15-May-05 20:36:10

We all had to go to a fairly adult Pentecost service this afternoon (dh was preaching and I was playing).
Ds2 piously read his new bible all the way through the service ... LOL
Ds1 read "Molly Moon's incredible book of hypnotism" !!! ... ROFL!

kalex Sun 15-May-05 20:36:54

The M&S one is good. Good balance between pictures and narrative, but all my kids want is "the man who had his hair cut off" Samson

roisin Sun 15-May-05 20:37:08

I've got the Nick Butterworth book edie. Have you got it? I'd say it's aimed at 3-5 yr olds. Great pictures though!

kalex Sun 15-May-05 20:37:23

Roison PMSL

kalex Sun 15-May-05 20:37:53

At the 1st post obviously

ediemcreedie Sun 15-May-05 20:38:49

No, it came up on an amazon swoop.

giraffeski Sun 15-May-05 20:42:13

Message withdrawn

roisin Sun 15-May-05 20:46:00

Which Lion one have you got btw? The Lion children's bible, or the Lion Storyteller Bible That's quite nice if you haven't got it, great for reading aloud. But not a great deal of detail.

tiddlypom Sun 15-May-05 20:57:39

Ds loved this one, the Lion Graphic Bible.

He read it when 8 I think and was v proud to have read the Bible all the way through

It's basically the Bible told in comic strips - really good, exciting graphics. There are other graphic versions available now from Lion, also on Amazon.

donnie Mon 16-May-05 08:31:21

another vote for the M&S one.It has a nice ribbon to tie it up as well!

purpleturtle Mon 16-May-05 09:03:59

The Lion Storyteller Bible is our current favourite. And the Butterworth book is great too. But we're dealing with a 4 year old here.

Marina Mon 16-May-05 10:38:46

Ds has the Lion one, dd a matching set of Bible and Prayers from M & S. Ds also has some of the paperback extracts from the very big Dorling Kindersley Bible.
We also like Marcia Williams' strip cartoon Bible stories - I had a look at the link to the Lion Graphic Bible and think ds at five is too young for this as yet, although I am sure he would disagree. I hope it is back in print by the time he is eight or so.

Mothernature Mon 16-May-05 10:59:22

God says 'Go!'
Brian Ogden
Ten read-aloud tales from the Old and New Testaments, full of lively characters and exciting stories. Children will find out that when God spoke to people in the Bible, amazing things were bound to happen! Each chapter includes an activity to help get to grips with the story. Age range 5-7

10 Rulz
Andrew Bianchi and Andy Gray
Children sometimes struggle to be excited by the Bible. This book will help them understand the Ten Commandments by looking at various characters in the Bible who struggled to keep them. Using lively illustrations and cartoons throughout, this is a fun way to teach children about God's word. Age range 8-11

God Made Snot!
Matt Campbell
A unique approach to learning about God and all that he has created! Why did God make us like he did? Was Jesus really as human as we are? A great book for older children and on their level (especially boys!) that they will want to share with all their friends. Age range 8-11

contact details

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now