Talk

Advanced search

Anyone read John Connolly?

(20 Posts)
KerryMumbles Fri 12-Jun-09 20:14:47

He's got a new one coming out soon The Lovers it's a charlie Parker one. I'm looking forward to it.

KnickKnack Fri 12-Jun-09 20:21:35

Are they the ones with Angel and <<struggles to remember other guy>> ??? or am I on totally wrong track?

If so, hurrah grin

peggotty Fri 12-Jun-09 20:21:39

I've only read The Book of Lost Things. Are his other things similar? I enjoyed it but found it disturbing..!

KnickKnack Fri 12-Jun-09 20:24:16

Didn't notice your link to his site blush

Goblinchild Fri 12-Jun-09 20:35:30

Me, I love his stuff. Angel and Louis are the pair you're thinking of.
Book of Lost Things was aimed at older children, his Charlie Parker books are an adult read. The touch of surreal is a common thread to both.

KerryMumbles Fri 12-Jun-09 20:37:59

Angel and Louis. yes. LOVE them

KerryMumbles Fri 12-Jun-09 20:39:37

hmmm. Charlie Parker stories (with Angel and Louis) are very dark. Surreal. disturbing.

But so well written

Well, in all fairness....

First one was rather crap. Meaning good story but poorly written. They got proggresively better. One of them wasn't so hot but the rest were great.

Goblinchild Fri 12-Jun-09 20:43:01

Didn't like Dark Angel as well as the rest of them. I thought he lost the balance between thriller and surreal/fantasy. Got it back though.

KerryMumbles Fri 12-Jun-09 20:46:50

Agree - that was the one. rather crap. Last one was good though. Can't remember title now though. it's downstairs....

KnickKnack Fri 12-Jun-09 21:48:15

Need to re-read one of the books to decide whether it should be Angel or Louis I add to this thread grin

KnickKnack Fri 12-Jun-09 21:49:49

sorry...now I'm lowering the tone of your thread.

Agree Dark Angel wasn't quite up to par. Most of the rest are fab.

Goblinchild Fri 12-Jun-09 21:54:37

KnickKnack...you like your men tied down and unwilling? shock
Or just completely uninterested?

KerryMumbles Fri 12-Jun-09 22:08:51

pmsl @ GC.

KK couldn't have missed the fact that Angel and Louis are a couple. Surely? grin

Louis is the tall, hot black guy. Angel is his Puerto Rican lover.

KnickKnack Fri 12-Jun-09 22:13:47

Ahh it was tall hot Louis...thanks for clearing that up. Obviously they are a loving couple, I wasn't planning on coming between them wink

no idea about the tied down/uninterested bit, I may possibly have an appalling memory!

KnickKnack Fri 12-Jun-09 22:15:16

oh sweet jesus I'm going to hide this thread now...I so did not phrase that right coming between them ??? blush

KerryMumbles Fri 12-Jun-09 22:18:58

grin

you can hide it but everyone else will see it

KnickKnack Fri 12-Jun-09 22:26:14

Sigh

Do I
A) name change
b) flounce
c) get drunk and forget
d) turn your thread into some sort of horrible fighty bitchy thread and thus get it deleted?

KerryMumbles Fri 12-Jun-09 22:27:54

relax.

Louis is hot.

BroodyChook Mon 15-Jun-09 10:40:27

Louis is hot. It's the bad boy thing....<BC goes off to drool> I love John Connolly. His stand alone novel 'Bad Men' was good, too. Very creepy.

ZacharyQuack Tue 16-Jun-09 06:15:11

I love John Connolly. His last one was The Reapers, and featured mainly Louis and Angel (yay).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now