Talk

Advanced search

The Sheikh and the Virgin Secretary! Honestly!

(22 Posts)
TheProfiteroleThief Thu 11-Jun-09 18:52:25

Whilst queuing at the library, I could not help but notice the title of the 'Book of the Week' recommendation.

The Sheikh and the Virgin Secretary!

I suspect this is aimed at the blue haired little old ladies in the neigbourhood, but if anyone has read it, please could they tell me what it is about?

I suppose it could have imaginatively crafted characters, and intriguing and original plot and a surprising yet satisfying ending, but I want to be convinced!

curlygal Thu 11-Jun-09 18:58:13

Book of the week? Wow, I;d be surprised to find such a title hidden at the back with the mills and boones.

Didn;t realsie such nonsense was still available in libraries to be honest.

Do you think anyone will own up to having read it?

bran Thu 11-Jun-09 18:58:39

It sounds like a typical Mills and Boon. Perhaps they feel that if they choose a book of the week from that genre then maybe M&B readers might be tempted to also try a book of the week another time and broaden their horizons.

MatNanPlus Thu 11-Jun-09 19:02:34

here you go

TheProfiteroleThief Thu 11-Jun-09 19:03:09

The idea of a racey Mills and Boon made me laugh.

I did wonder on the relevance of the virginity of the aforementioned secretary!

TheProfiteroleThief Thu 11-Jun-09 19:04:41

'The wedding of my dreams was only days away...until I discovered my fiance had a nasty habit of unfaithfulness. So to mend my wounded pride, I turned to the most eligible man I knew: my boss, Price Rafiq of Lucia-Serrat!

Although the dashingly handsome prince had enticed dozens of women, I had just one thing in my mind when I proposed becoming Rafiq's mistress: revenge on the man who'd humiliated me.

It was easier than I'd expected to go from Rafiq's chaste secretary to his lustful lover. What I didn't expect was to fall head over heels for a man who could give me anything I wanted, except for his heart...

'

pmsl - this is 'desert rogues' no 10 btw!

bran Thu 11-Jun-09 19:05:42

It's actually a Sillouette, and the only two reviewers gave it 5 stars. The title wouldn't attract me particularly, but I do sometimes read M&B and consider myself to be widely-read. I wouldn't be snide about people's choice of reading matter, although I do struggle to understand why on earth people read those miserable childhood books.

snigger Thu 11-Jun-09 19:07:46

pmsl - I bet it's cover-to-cover throbbing members and gaping bodices.

My sister and I, in our teens, once tried to do a survey on the best euphemisms for genitals in Mills & Boon type literature, but then we sobered up. I seem to remember 'tarse' being toasted loudly as a possible winner.

TheProfiteroleThief Thu 11-Jun-09 19:10:22

Was not berating romance as a genre (i am more of a serial killer girl myself!), but the title just sounded so absurd.

TheProfiteroleThief Thu 11-Jun-09 19:10:52

Also, if you are working in sheikh's home country, would bodice not be a bit hot?

snigger Thu 11-Jun-09 19:11:16

And from whence do they pluck the titles?

His Brothers Pregnant Bride

or

The Pirate's Vixen Lover

or such like.

Someone, somewhere, thinks those titles up as a job. For money.

TheProfiteroleThief Thu 11-Jun-09 19:16:10

I'd be willing to put good money on it that the heroine ends up happily married to the hero, after some misunderstandings and complications, possibly the former fiance seeing the Error of His Ways.

snigger Thu 11-Jun-09 19:21:11

I just looked at that Amazon link.

Do you think The Sheik And The Virgin Princess and The Sheik And The Pregnant Princess are part of a series?

Soon to be followed by The Sheik And Mumsnetting Princess?

bran Thu 11-Jun-09 20:12:28

Lol at the Mumsnetting Princess. grin

bloss Thu 11-Jun-09 20:24:13

Message withdrawn

bloss Thu 11-Jun-09 20:24:43

Message withdrawn

bloss Thu 11-Jun-09 20:26:08

Message withdrawn

TheProfiteroleThief Thu 11-Jun-09 21:32:05

Should this be turning me on?wink

bloss Thu 11-Jun-09 22:11:20

Message withdrawn

snigger Thu 11-Jun-09 22:16:24

<tena lady moment, bloss>

Yes, is there heat suffusing at your very core? Does your body pulsate with longing?

TheProfiteroleThief Thu 11-Jun-09 22:36:24

I can visualise waves crashing on a beach, and a train rushing into a tunnel

bloss Fri 12-Jun-09 05:52:49

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now