Talk

Advanced search

the best friends guide to.................have you read them?

(16 Posts)
hamster Mon 18-Apr-05 10:10:41

I have to ask if anyone else has read these, as I enjoyed them so much; "the best friends guide to pregnancy" and " the best friend's guide to motherhood" by Vicki Lovine.
I'm not sure whether they have been a topic previously on here, but what the hell-I loved them!
I first bought the pregnancy one when I was approx 12wks pg with my ds, I found that almost every page had me in stitches. Though it's not so much based on facts, and more on personal experience, I found the advice and stories a great help and support.
The books give a brilliant insight into a pg woman's mind and into that of a new mother, a lot rings true I can tell you now!
You'll find them in Ottaka's and WHSmith's, if you want a laugh!

mummygow Mon 18-Apr-05 10:15:56

Hamster its me again I'm falling you - books sound great I like reading things like that - during my first pregnancy I raed a book - oh goodness I cant remember name - it was about a group of women who meet and become friends through their ante-natel classes - I was in tears of laughter - will ask my friend if she remembers name.

mummygow Mon 18-Apr-05 10:16:28

woops meant following not falling

Tommy Mon 18-Apr-05 10:17:51

I love them - as long as you can ignore the obviousl American bits - they made me laugh so much - and all so true!

FairyMum Mon 18-Apr-05 10:18:18

I love the Best-friends books too! Very funny

hamster Mon 18-Apr-05 10:21:21

Hey mummygow, let me know the name of that book, I love stuff like that.
And yes, I hated the American bits too! lol

trefusis Mon 18-Apr-05 10:28:00

Message withdrawn

Hausfrau Mon 18-Apr-05 10:36:32

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lilybird Thu 21-Apr-05 14:07:45

mummygow, please,please find the name of that book. it's been bugging me for months. i think there's a new one now about after the babies were born.

tassis Thu 21-Apr-05 14:36:01

The toddler one is great too...

tassis Thu 21-Apr-05 14:37:06

mummygow's book might be called the fat ladies club?

Marina Thu 21-Apr-05 14:37:47

I think the book you are all after is The Fat Ladies Club?
I like Vicki Iovine too

Marina Thu 21-Apr-05 14:38:03

Snap Tassis

Twiga Thu 21-Apr-05 14:39:43

Mummygow/Lilybird the books you're talking about are: "The Fat Ladies Club: the indispensable 'real world' guide to pregnancy" and "The Fat Ladies Club: facing the first five years". Dh and I read them together whilst we were ttc - very funny although the odd sad bit too!

Here's links to Amazon: fat ladies 1 and fat ladies2

Twiga Thu 21-Apr-05 14:40:55

snap again - Hi Tassis!

lilybird Thu 21-Apr-05 15:23:11

thats the one!!! very very funny, first book to make me laugh out loud, will have to get the second one. not that i have much chance to read these days!!
thank you twiga! x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now