Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone been to/is going to the Hay Festival?

(5 Posts)
roisin Thu 14-Apr-05 08:07:27

I've never been, and just clicked on the site advertised in the mumsnet round-up, and there's so much we'd like to do ...

Just trying to work out whether we can fit it into a half-term that already has Oxford, Sussex, Legoland and the Space Center at Leicester ...?!

Hmmm, we'll have to wait til next year?!

roisin Thu 14-Apr-05 10:19:50

bump

MissChief Thu 14-Apr-05 10:22:17

would love to go but always have been pregnant/in new job or something around that time, this yr a wedding! already checked out
www.hayfestival.com/ to see what i'm missing, looks worth going to if you can spare some time, nightmare for accom, apparently, though.

roisin Thu 14-Apr-05 10:28:34

Yes, I just looked at accommodation, and thought maybe I should book now for 2006!

roisin Thu 14-Apr-05 10:30:34

I just wondered if anyone has every actually been, as it is really good? I was a bit disappointed by Hay when we visited the once (not for the festival), it didn't match up to the hype IMO.

Having said that the boys would love to hear/meet some of their favourite authors, and they very rarely come to deepest darkest SW Cumbria!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: