Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

One Child - Story of a SN Teacher (Tory Hayden)

(10 Posts)
Milliways Fri 08-Apr-05 21:35:04

I picked up this book in ASDA for £2.49 yesterday, & haven't put it down. Tells true story of a teacher (author) of SN kids and her experiences with a v.disturbed but v.bright child. It is heartbreaking but inspirational. What can you do with a 6 yr old who almost killed a 3 yr old. Who's fault is it they are like that at 6? Would recommend it.

KBear Fri 08-Apr-05 21:36:45

I just read this too - it was a present and I did think "oh, just the kind of cheery book I want to read on the train - NOT" but WOW, I was hooked from the first few pages. Fantastic book. Wish there was a sequel so we could find out what happens next with the little girl.

Milliways Fri 08-Apr-05 21:43:48

I have some similar books called "A circle of children" & "Lovey" that I read as a teenager, again involving a SN teacher who gets personally involved with one particular child - that child "made it" into "normal" adulthood - but her problems were'nt quite as severe at least.

ChocolateGirl Sun 24-Apr-05 21:44:18

Milliways, on the strength of your recommendation I bought this book yesterday and have read it already! And that's most unlike me. It was really compulsive! Thank you!

onlyjoking Sun 24-Apr-05 22:12:58

i have a few books by torey hayden and i think they are great, quite cheap on amazon too

JanH Mon 25-Apr-05 09:13:10

There is a sequel - The Tiger's Child - it's not out yet though.

alibubbles Mon 25-Apr-05 17:29:47

I read it too and found it quite moving. I went on to read a few more and they too are very emotionally demanding.

flamesparrow Fri 13-May-05 22:46:48

Just thought I'd let you know - the sequel is out now

flamesparrow Sat 14-May-05 07:31:04

Bump

KBear Sat 14-May-05 07:57:09

Thanks for the news of the sequel JanH and flame!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now