Talk

Advanced search

I really enjoyed 'The Forgotten Garden" by Kate Morton. Will I like 'The House at Riverton'?

(10 Posts)
notnowbernard Thu 16-Oct-08 12:52:06

Did you enjoy both?

sparklesandnowinefor8days Thu 16-Oct-08 13:01:50

I haven't read The Forgotten Garden but i have read the House at Riverton and i liked it....its not a literary classic but it was good to read

i can send my copy if you like smile

notnowbernard Thu 16-Oct-08 13:04:49

That's kind of you smile

But my Mum's got a copy she can lend me, and she lives not far away

This was no 'classic' either, but it had me really engaged as it jumps from era to era though the thread of characters always remains intact

islandofsodor Thu 16-Oct-08 13:07:36

I have read both. I found the Forgotten Garden quite slow to get into and it annoyed me at first but I did enjoy it once I got going.

The House at Riverton is the better book out of the two in my opniion.

sparklesandnowinefor8days Thu 16-Oct-08 13:08:12

the Riverton one is the same, which is why i liked it too. She very easily takes you from one era to another without you having to think too much about whats happened previously iykwim

notnowbernard Thu 16-Oct-08 13:13:32

Might give it a try, then. But will wait a while if the style is really similar. I prefer to go from one type of book to something totally diferent

fairylights Thu 16-Oct-08 13:15:42

i haven't read The Forgotten Garden but have read the House at Riverton and I really enjoyed it - just my kind of easy holiday/not having to think too hard read..
I too enjoyed the way it jumped eras.
Enjoy! smile

jumpingbeans Thu 16-Oct-08 13:19:31

Fairylight, if you like they it jumped eras, have you read the Bone Garden, that was very good,

StripeyKnickersSpottySocks Thu 16-Oct-08 18:46:11

I liked the House at Riverton best.

CandleQueen Thu 16-Oct-08 18:47:45

Both books are very similar, but I liked Riverton best.
Have you read The Thirteenth Tale? That's a good book in a similar vein.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: