Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Present idea for lovely friend

(4 Posts)
nomorelostweekends Wed 24-Sep-08 15:11:53

I have a friend visiting for lunch this weekend who has had a really tough and emotional few months. Have decided I would like to buy her a book for a present. Does anyone have any ideas? Something 'uplifting' if that makes sense, but not too sentimental. Was wondering a about something humerous but not really sure. Would love some inspiration

MabelStark Wed 24-Sep-08 15:26:35

What a lovely idea to give a book as a gift - so much more imaginative than flowers or chocs. How about a Laurie Graham, she has appeal across every age group (me & my Grandmother love her!) Lots of her books have laugh out loud moments... Would particularly recommend Mr Starlight.

nomorelostweekends Wed 24-Sep-08 19:43:51

Thanks for the suggestion - I've never heard of Laurie Graham. Have got a whole 2 hours to myself on friday morning when DD is at pre-school (v rare!), will enjoy a slow wander round the bookshop and see if i can find Mr Starlight.

Dominion Wed 24-Sep-08 19:46:30

The Stephanie Plum novels by Janet Evanovich. Start with "One for the money" and she will soon be hooked. Uplifting yes, sentimental, no and very funny.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now