Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Feel - Robbie Williams, Anyone read it?

(10 Posts)
turquoise Sat 19-Feb-05 17:18:22

We haven't had a Robbie thread for a while so why not.
Just read this and it's really interesting - not so much a biography as a study of how wierd and horrendous it is to be that famous. I ended up feeling so, so sorry for him - and fairly convinced that he might not be gay.

sammac Sat 19-Feb-05 17:50:41

Got this at Christmas, and was pleasantly surprised with it. Thought it'd be one of those books that I wizzed through in a couple of hours as a lightweight read, but took me much longer. Agree with you on the feeling sorry for him part- I could help him get over it all!!!

Whizzz Sat 19-Feb-05 17:53:59

I read it & thought it was very interesting. A weird mix of trying to stay 'normal' but be famous at the same time.

Demented Sat 19-Feb-05 18:28:34

This is on my shopping list next.

DH bought me Nobody Someday (or whatever it was called) and although being a big Robbie fan I wasn't impressed and didn't finish reading it, nice pictures though !

turquoise Sat 19-Feb-05 20:31:43

I think this one is much better written than Nobody/Somebody whatever it was - very interesting whether you're a Robbie fan or not.
I think he's a brilliant entertainer but can't really fancy him now because it's made me pity him so much (IYKWIM?)

Hulababy Sat 19-Feb-05 20:37:41

I got this for Christmas too, and really enjoyed it. Good insight into a famous person's life. Also felt sorry for Robbie in it. Wish he could find a way to be happy.

stupidgirl Sat 19-Feb-05 20:40:21

Am I going to have to be the one to make the lewd joke about wanting to feel robbie?

Demented Sat 19-Feb-05 21:05:58

turquoise, has it really put you off him? I should tell DH, he'll be up to ASDA in a flash to buy it for me and maybe I'll get a whole day in bed to read it!

turquoise Sat 19-Feb-05 21:25:55

Not exactly put me off - just made me feel even more of a dirty wobbly old lady for perving over him when he's clearly so tormented. Plus he apparently farts constantly, which isn't hugely appealing.
It made me think about Michael Jackson a bit too - if Robbie's totally f*cked because of being hugely famous since his teens, then no wonder Michael Jackson's a freak.

Demented Sat 19-Feb-05 21:37:10

Bet they smell lovely!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now