Talk

Advanced search

Feel - Robbie Williams, Anyone read it?

(10 Posts)
turquoise Sat 19-Feb-05 17:18:22

We haven't had a Robbie thread for a while so why not.
Just read this and it's really interesting - not so much a biography as a study of how wierd and horrendous it is to be that famous. I ended up feeling so, so sorry for him - and fairly convinced that he might not be gay.

sammac Sat 19-Feb-05 17:50:41

Got this at Christmas, and was pleasantly surprised with it. Thought it'd be one of those books that I wizzed through in a couple of hours as a lightweight read, but took me much longer. Agree with you on the feeling sorry for him part- I could help him get over it all!!!

Whizzz Sat 19-Feb-05 17:53:59

I read it & thought it was very interesting. A weird mix of trying to stay 'normal' but be famous at the same time.

Demented Sat 19-Feb-05 18:28:34

This is on my shopping list next.

DH bought me Nobody Someday (or whatever it was called) and although being a big Robbie fan I wasn't impressed and didn't finish reading it, nice pictures though !

turquoise Sat 19-Feb-05 20:31:43

I think this one is much better written than Nobody/Somebody whatever it was - very interesting whether you're a Robbie fan or not.
I think he's a brilliant entertainer but can't really fancy him now because it's made me pity him so much (IYKWIM?)

Hulababy Sat 19-Feb-05 20:37:41

I got this for Christmas too, and really enjoyed it. Good insight into a famous person's life. Also felt sorry for Robbie in it. Wish he could find a way to be happy.

stupidgirl Sat 19-Feb-05 20:40:21

Am I going to have to be the one to make the lewd joke about wanting to feel robbie?

Demented Sat 19-Feb-05 21:05:58

turquoise, has it really put you off him? I should tell DH, he'll be up to ASDA in a flash to buy it for me and maybe I'll get a whole day in bed to read it!

turquoise Sat 19-Feb-05 21:25:55

Not exactly put me off - just made me feel even more of a dirty wobbly old lady for perving over him when he's clearly so tormented. Plus he apparently farts constantly, which isn't hugely appealing.
It made me think about Michael Jackson a bit too - if Robbie's totally f*cked because of being hugely famous since his teens, then no wonder Michael Jackson's a freak.

Demented Sat 19-Feb-05 21:37:10

Bet they smell lovely!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: