Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone use Read It, Swap it?

(7 Posts)
saltire Tue 26-Aug-08 19:44:28

I do, and I've had a request for a swap, but I don't like the look of any of the books the person who wants a swap has. Do I have to give a reason?

SummerLightning Wed 27-Aug-08 11:24:05

Yes I have, ages ago, it was very good but I just couldn't be bothered.
I think it gives you a list of why you don't want to swap?? Just say you don't like any of their books. I think this will happen a lot so people won't be offended.

saltire Wed 27-Aug-08 14:09:22

Ok thank you, have got 4 requests for swaps today! I can't keep up

caykon Thu 28-Aug-08 08:52:31

i saw this thread yesterday and joined as i love reading so much. I have to now go to the post office today and post 6 books.
Must admit i am looking forward to getting another 6 back grin

JackieNo Thu 28-Aug-08 09:02:16

Have to say, I prefer BookMooch as, instead of having to find someone with a book you want, you just get a point for sending a book, that you can then 'spend' to get a book from anyone else on Bookmooch.

FlossCampi Fri 29-Aug-08 22:10:15

Completely agree re. BookMooch - the only prob is that it is quite heavily US-based, and while I love US fiction, a lot of people won't post outside the US as there is no surface mail any more so it can cost more than a new book to post internationally.

People reject my swaps on RISI all the time. I am hardened to it grin. It's the way the site works and if you dare to suggest it might be nice if... you get slapped down pretty quick.

bran Fri 29-Aug-08 22:16:31

I use it quite a bit (I'm a superswaper and I've only been using it since about November). It's absolutely fine to turn down a swap using the "I don't want to read any of their books right now" button. I think I probably accept only about half of the swaps I'm offered, possibly less. And I probably only have a third of my offers to swap accepted.

There are bound to be other copies of the book available so don't worry about turning a swap down or having your swap turned down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now