Talk

Advanced search

Do you ever get so engrossed in a book, or a character that ...

(8 Posts)
DisenchantedPlusBump Thu 14-Aug-08 09:18:10

you sometimes forget its a book character?!

Like when you read a book and can't put it down and you almost forget everything in real life because that 'book world' is so real and you find your self thinking about that character when you are not reading?

Or do I just get too into books? grin

tiredemma Thu 14-Aug-08 09:19:37

I read books by Lesley Pearse, she always writes about 'heroic type females'. I love these books and get fully immersed into the main character.

StealthPolarBear Thu 14-Aug-08 09:22:05

yes, all the time, then it's such a wrench when you finish the book.
although not so much since having ds, i've found rl to be capable of making itself known!

JackieNo Thu 14-Aug-08 09:22:57

Yes - happens to me. Particularly with the Dorothy Dunnet Lymond and Niccolo series of books - they're like another world to escape to. And I also find that if the main character in a book is having a hard time, I carry that through to my real life, and feel grumpy with the people around me, as if they're causing me problems, even if they aren'tblush.

DisenchantedPlusBump Thu 14-Aug-08 09:24:04

I'm reading a love story at the moment and totally falling in love with the man in it, lol.

But whatever I read it usually takes me a while to get back to reality.

bythepowerofgreyskull Thu 14-Aug-08 09:24:27

yep when i read shadow of the wind recently I was there in barcelona engrossed,

DisenchantedPlusBump Thu 14-Aug-08 09:25:47

I understand that stealth, I can't stop reading but I don't want to finish the book, luckily there is another 3 in the series

missorinoco Thu 14-Aug-08 09:26:41

all the time. i do that too jackieno. had to give up on one book because i was getting irrationally irritated with people. blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now