Talk

Advanced search

Jacky Collins and the like,,,

(8 Posts)
JuniorH Sat 09-Aug-08 20:42:32

Trashy, predictable...I love it

Haven't read one of her books for ages and realised I haven't read Hollywood Kids (Or don't remember...) so am now reading it.

Anyone else partial to the odd bit of trashyness?

Or just me? blush

claudiaschiffer Sun 10-Aug-08 00:09:31

Not just you at all JuniorH. I just love the odd dose of trash in between all the worthy literature that I read. Sometimes there is nothing better than a fat Jilly Cooper a bar of chocolate and glass of wine imho smile.

Tortington Sun 10-Aug-08 00:10:38

i try the odd does of worthy lit in between the worthy trash grin

ladymariner Sun 10-Aug-08 00:12:29

I've just bought the latest Jackie Collins to take on holiday with me. Its got Lucky in it!!! grin

DeeRiguer Sun 10-Aug-08 00:15:02

i used to hoover up read if there was nothing else, jackie collins
lucky santangelo!
good grief sometimes it just the right kind of trash hits the spot like a good bad soap opera

ladymariner Sun 10-Aug-08 00:17:22

Well thats it, when I'm laid out on a sunbed I don't want to be reading war and peace!!! grin

A trashy chick lit that you don't have to think about will do me fine!

JuniorH Tue 12-Aug-08 22:27:02

Ah it's not just that I'm uncultured then!

I haven't read any Jilly Cooper actually, I bought her book 'Wicked' last year and it's in my huge pile of books to be read. I've heard I should have read her others first though? Has anyone read it?

slayerette Tue 12-Aug-08 22:33:15

Do NOT start with Wicked - it is her worst book imho. You should be starting at the beginning with the classics - Riders and Rivals...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now