Talk

Advanced search

Is this "Raising Happy Children" book any good?

(6 Posts)
thumbwitch Tue 05-Aug-08 01:23:42

Not sure if I should post here or in the Parenting topic - the book is called "Raising Happy Children - what every child needs their parents to know from 0-7 years" bu Jan Parker and Jan Stimpson. I bought it in a charity shop and haven't had a chance to flick through yet; I don't have many parenting books as I get the impression that they are often full of conflicting advice and self-importance.

THoughts anyone?

thumbwitch Tue 05-Aug-08 09:54:26

bump

noonki Tue 05-Aug-08 10:01:40

I read it from the library

I quite liked some of the bits about sibling rivalry and some of the tips about discipline - and how to get kids to listen

I do have a problem with most of these style books as they do come across as We know everything - but I prefered it over other ones I had read

I read it at the as detoxing childhood and have got them a bit muddled up!

thumbwitch Tue 05-Aug-08 10:05:16

thanks noonki

squilly Tue 05-Aug-08 13:44:27

If it's by Stephen Biddulph, who did raising happy boys, I object to him on the grounds he reckons kids who aren't looked after at home are disadvantaged!

Sorry...probably not very helpful.

PS my dd loves your name, thumbwitch. She's writing stories about thumbs at the moment, so she's nicking your name for an idea. Thanks...

thumbwitch Tue 05-Aug-08 13:50:29

thanks squilly, different authors though. Glad to help your DD!wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now