Talk

Advanced search

In Her Shoes

(9 Posts)
WendyWeber Sun 20-Jul-08 21:02:15

Anybody else read it? I bought it in Oxfam last week (along with the Life of Pi & The Poisonwood Bible, all 3 placed on those racks that point them forwards, I am such a sucker grin) - anyway I thought In Her Shoes would be standard chicklit, what with it being a big movie & all, but it isn't, it's a wonderful story with lovely characters & I was actually weeping at the end - I want to see the movie & that's a first for me.

Big recommendation here!!!

ChipButty Sun 20-Jul-08 21:03:48

Might give it a try. Thanks, Wendy.

WendyWeber Sun 20-Jul-08 21:14:52

Oh do, CB, it's def worth it smile

(DH rented the DVD a while back because he read a review, then saw it on TV, & thought the DDs & I would love it; they did watch it & did love it, I did my usual "erm, OK, I will, some time..." & never did. I just asked him if he could get it on his monthly rental thing so he told me all that & I will now, honest!)

InTheseShoes Sun 20-Jul-08 21:39:57

Love this. The film was okay, actually, not as good as the book. Try Jennifer Weiners other books - they are very good, poignant and a good read. Good In Bed struck a chord with me, and Little Earthquakes is rather sad in parts.

squilly Mon 21-Jul-08 20:26:53

I loved this but thought good in bed was better. Little earthquakes was also very readable, but nothing beat my first weiner book...good in bed.

WendyWeber Mon 21-Jul-08 20:36:02

There is a chapter of Good in Bed at the end of my copy, squilly - I haven't read it yet (was too busy blubbing as I finished In Her Shoes grin) but will give it a go smile

NotDoingTheHousework Mon 21-Jul-08 20:38:38

Message withdrawn

WendyWeber Mon 21-Jul-08 21:14:00

Have just ordered Good in Bed from amazon (used) - will save little earthquakes until I've red that.

Do you recommend any others of hers, any of you? There seem to be quite a few!

WendyWeber Mon 21-Jul-08 21:14:15

read that grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now