Talk

Advanced search

the restraint of beasts - what happens at the end? (bit of a long shot I know!)

(4 Posts)
Bbbee Sat 19-Jul-08 18:51:01

hi

i read this AGES ago and loved it so the other day I lent it to a friend. He phoned me to say how much he loved it but he didn't understand the end - how someone knew they had killed someone...

i am completely blank and look like a numpty - but I did read it and love it. It is really bugging me now.

any offers

pointydog Sat 19-Jul-08 18:57:17

I read it quite recently but am very bad at remembering books and films.

It does end rather unexpectedly, nothing is explained. Hang on.

Tam and Richie get a bit of a dressing down - unexpectedly - by the boss Mr Hall. Told that they are expecting to mucg, treating the place like a hotel. And then out of the blue, Hall says 'you;'ve left a trail fo very disappointed people behind you' and follows it up with 'let's start with Mr McCrindle'

And that's the end. So you thought all teh way through that no one knew about the accidentla murders but it turns out people do know about them but you only find out at the very end and so you don't knwo what happends next.

pointydog Sat 19-Jul-08 18:58:56

No idea how Hall knew other than he has people spying on them. Tam and Richie are a bit unobservant, aren't they. Only bothered with going down teh pub and having an easy life. More sinister that no one ever bothered about the deaths rather than how Hall found out, I thought

Bbbee Sat 19-Jul-08 19:04:03

oh thank you - yes i remember now - it comes as a shcok that he knows and it is normal for him too. thanks for replying.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now