Talk

Advanced search

A Brothers Journey - Richard Pelzer

(8 Posts)
milliways Fri 28-Jan-05 23:17:40

I have read the "Child called it" trilogy of Dave Pelzer - and found them very moving. Saw his brothers book in shop window today - has anyone read it? Think Richard was an older brother who tormented Dave, but interested in his story.

Demented Fri 28-Jan-05 23:20:25

Interesting, wonder if his story concurs with David Peltzer's? Mind you reading the Child Called It trilogy just about put me on prozac so I am wary!

misdee Fri 28-Jan-05 23:23:33

would bhe interesting to read.

milliways Fri 28-Jan-05 23:24:25

Yes - My DD (14) read them & took them to school for her friends (They had to research Child abuse for a project!). She found them tough, but i said it was best to read them all to see that you can get through anything with the right support.

Maybe Richard felt he had to publish his side after all the publicity from his brothers books.

misdee Fri 28-Jan-05 23:27:33

found this review here amazon

lou33 Fri 28-Jan-05 23:28:45

i nearly bought it a couple of days ago, but then saw a book about the rise and fall of death row records, which was reduced to £2.50 and bought that instead.

milliways Fri 28-Jan-05 23:30:05

Thanks for the link - think I will try to read it (must try the library)

MARRA Wed 23-Feb-05 20:30:27

richards story is an amazing read and you should read it asap.....you will feel a little let down by the social system in usa though......shocking read but very uplifting.

another good one is the little prisoner....be prepared for tears though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: