Talk

Advanced search

A shameless plug for my sister's book!

(7 Posts)
Raindog Tue 25-Jan-05 13:43:52

Hello
I've not posted on the book club thread before (despite having worked at a publishing house and being an avid reader!) but I wanted to tell everyone about a book that my sister has just had published by Bloomsbury. It's called the Creation Myths by Clare Brown and is a really good, amusing read. It's certainly very relevant to all the mums on here!

The blurb on the back reads:
'Cressida is a woman who has everything. A fulfilling job, two adorable children, an affluent lifestyle - and she has Harry, a wonderful husband and father. It sounds like the perfect life. But is it? For the last year, Cressida has been having a hopeless, passionate affair with Tom, a writer and serial philanderer. And now she is pregnant. Will Tom commit himself to his comfortable life with Nita, the mother of his young daughter? Or will he change the selfish habits of a lifetime for the only woman he has ever truly loved? And it's not just Cressida - the whole world seems to be dangerously fertile. Nita announces she's about to have another baby. And then there's Cressida's GP, single and desperate for the child she thinks is rightfully hers, and Sophie, Harry's secretary, so baby-hungry that she is prepared to go to any lengths to conceive with the man she considers the ideal father. In the strictly ordered world that Harry and Cressida felt they belonged to, things will never be the same again. But then, when babies are concerned, are they ever?'

It's just been published this year and is well worth a read. It's about seven babies, the seven deadly sins, life, love, and total chaos!

Right, I'll stop now! I think it's got really wide appeal though.
Thanks

Tinker Tue 25-Jan-05 13:46:18

Gosh, sounds like Kimerberly Quinn's life

Raindog Tue 25-Jan-05 13:49:09

Well truth is stranger than fiction etc etc. You can't make anything up!

wild Tue 25-Jan-05 13:53:14

sounds a bit chick-lit?
but good for her

Raindog Tue 25-Jan-05 13:59:33

It's more highbrow than most chick lit - more like Fay Weldon for instance.

She's got another book coming out next year which will be a lot more serious, but this one has it's fair share of serious topics in it. It examines the relationships between the main protagonists quite deeply, and challenges many assumptions along the way.

I read mostly literary fiction that would be eligible say for the Booker Prize, but I really enjoyed this one. But then I can hardly be totally objective can I?

wild Tue 25-Jan-05 16:55:53

okey doke
will look out for it! thanks

fairycakes Tue 25-Jan-05 17:04:53

sounds good will look out for it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now