Talk

Advanced search

"Adult" fiction iykwim

(24 Posts)
ohyesanamechange Wed 11-Jun-08 21:58:31

Talk good books to me.

I have one of the anne rice ones (she isn't called that though), but there was just a lot of spanking. Not great for more than once reading.

Recommend "erotica" to me!

Someone said about cliterati at one point, but a bit blush and keep wiping browser history. Hate the feeling of keeping secrets, but seems "wrong" too.

sleepycat Wed 11-Jun-08 21:59:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BoysAreLikeDogs Wed 11-Jun-08 22:02:03

I enjoyed butterflywhen it first came out - very soft erotica.

ohyesanamechange Wed 11-Jun-08 22:04:05

amazon brings up oodles when i type in that!

sleepycat Wed 11-Jun-08 22:05:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ohyesanamechange Wed 11-Jun-08 22:06:33

Ooh thank you grin

MascaraOHara Wed 11-Jun-08 22:07:52

I have Delta of Venus. If I can find it you can have it.. will check.

I didn't enjoy it

ohyesanamechange Wed 11-Jun-08 22:10:45

lol @ "I didn't enjoy it" - way to build a girl's hopes wink

MascaraOHara Wed 11-Jun-08 22:15:11

It's just weird. sorry to those who liek it..

there's a story about peadophilia and one about a bloke who goes round cutting out prostitute's vaginas

I was expecting something else lol

sorry.

MascaraOHara Wed 11-Jun-08 22:16:43

maybe I just didn't get it

it is a classic after all

ohyesanamechange Wed 11-Jun-08 22:17:37

Ouch! Not entirely sure I get it either!!! shock

mustrunmore Thu 12-Jun-08 06:54:33

Haha, why didnt you just ask me by text yest? winksmile

MollyCherry Thu 12-Jun-08 20:53:24

Try Nancy Friday - real people's fantasies. She's done a few - both from mens and womens perspective and they are pretty diverse - some will get you going the others will just make you laugh but either way it's entertaining!

madamez Thu 12-Jun-08 21:02:52

ahem Did someone call?
Anyway, there is lots and lots of stuff to choose from and it depends very much on your own tastes. If you liked the Anne Rice norty stuff then you might enjoy Laurell K Hamilton (the Anita Blake books don't start getting dirty till about no 6 and don't get really dirty till Narcissus in Chains and then all the subsequent ones are pretty much non-stop vampire/werewolf smut with lots of romantic anguish thrown in. - but the Merry Gentry ones are a right old shagathon from the beginning). You could also have a look at Ellora's Cave which is a US-orientated erotic romance site, a bit too frilly-knickered for my own taste but worth a snoop.
Otherwise I recommend getting an anthology or two for a beginning: Black Lace put out quite a few and if you read one, find an author whose style and themes do it for you and look up some more of her work (BL books are all written by women and aimed at women).
If you want 'proper' literature with rude bits in, it's worth bearing in mind that just about all the 'erotic classics' have a lot of stuff about non-consent, nausea, despair and death in them as well as the bonking: for some reason it's only real Art if there are yucky bits.

Oh, and at the risk of getting a slap or two, I do still have a box or so of the anthology I co-edited and you can have a copy for £2.50 if you like - CAT me at your leisure.

JammyQueenOfTheSewers Thu 12-Jun-08 21:16:09

I plucked up the courage once to aske in WHS did they stock adult fiction, laying lots of emphasis on the adult and got a lovely explanation in nice simple words about how some was in sections such as romance, or thrillers and the rest was alphabetically by author, so if i wanted a book by Charles Dickens for example I would need to look under D blush.

madamez Thu 12-Jun-08 22:05:11

JQOTS - and I bet the minute you retreated the staff member was PHSL at a great wind-up (my DB used to work in Smiths)... Mind you I used to go into bookshops and ask loudly if they had my book in stock and say how good it was. Until the day some bookshop worker went, oh, and would this be a book YOU wrote by any chance blush

Cappuccino Thu 12-Jun-08 22:07:18

Delta of Venus is funny

is that the one where someone jumps onto a blokes cock from a tree?

oh yes just like in my fantasies hmm

FromGirders Fri 13-Jun-08 10:20:04

Another no vote for Delta of Venus here. Too much non-consensual stuff in it. I really enjoyed an anthology called "sirens and demon lovers" which was edited by Datlow and Windling (they do fab anthologies of re-worked fairy tales, but that's a side-track).
also in my wanderings blush i found a website called phaze books which has loads of books and short stories either to buy or download. IIRC, you could read some first chapters on-line to see if it was your kind of thing.
Madamez, will CAT you if I may.

madamez Fri 13-Jun-08 11:45:38

FG: Ofcourse you may wink

FromGirders Sun 13-Jul-08 23:46:50

Book has arrived from Madamez - just thought I'd recommend it. Got a bit of everything in there iyswim.

moanylisa Tue 15-Jul-08 13:15:26

I have always like the Nancy Friday books, which are collections of real life people's fantasies. A bit feminist-y in her commentary, but that's ok by me, and even when the stories are weird, the overall effect is still quite fruity wink

laidbackinengland Tue 15-Jul-08 13:17:04

Delta of Venus -I think also has a man pulling a dead woman from the river and having sex with her. Romantic stuff hmm !

PersephoneSnape Tue 15-Jul-08 14:05:34

fermata. will need to google the author. very mucky. bit blokey, but generally ok.

PersephoneSnape Tue 15-Jul-08 14:07:30

www.amazon.co.uk/Fermata-Nicholson-Baker/dp/0099286718 theres the amazon review - someone loaned me this years ago and i found a copy in a charity shop on friday. subsequentlty had a very busy weekend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now