Talk

Advanced search

19 minutes

(11 Posts)
CherryCupCake Thu 01-May-08 14:15:02

Nineteen minutes by Jodi Picoult is really good, a bit like "kevin" but less boring and less insignificant details and more interesting/realistic characters.

Well worth a read, I couldn't put it down.

cariboo Tue 06-May-08 13:02:15

Agreed. Not a writer I'd normally choose -thought she would be a bit Danielle Steelegrin- but this was gripping.

misspollysdolly Tue 06-May-08 14:10:13

The Pact was good too - a vaguely linked pre-Nineteen minutes book by Jodi Picoult. I've read a few of hers - most good but eventually all quite samey in terms of style and plot. Worth reading though.

witchandchips Tue 06-May-08 14:14:54

liked it but as an economist who works in the same area as Lewis (father of boy) found it a bit freaky....

mousemole Mon 12-May-08 19:58:04

loved it loved it. Just read it on hols and couln't put it down. Much better than Kevin and much better than some of her other books.

sar1977 Fri 16-May-08 22:31:15

I have just finished reading it - really liked it. but as misspollysdolly says they do all get a bit samey. My favourite Jodi Picoult book is 'my sisters keeper'. Oh my god! My stepson left the room and i was fine - he returned and i was floods of tears!!

NK331e0aeaX11c41a9c987 Mon 08-Sep-08 12:34:12

Message withdrawn

boogeek Mon 08-Sep-08 12:37:12

I liked it too (though I definitely preferred Kevin). I have liked all the JP books I have read, apart from the endings: she cannot write a good ending IMO! Also I agree they are all a bit samey so you have to spread them out.
(My sister's keeper was my favourite too, though possibly because it was the first one I read)

BitOfFun Mon 08-Sep-08 12:41:57

Francine - are you handing the chris cleaves releases too? I read the proof and loved it, but haven't noticed it out yet.

noonki Mon 08-Sep-08 12:53:17

I agree boogeek - all the endings are crowd pleasers, and so forumlaic,

I also say I wouldn't read another one and then see one in the library and do, they are such an easy read I get them out

booge Fri 12-Sep-08 23:40:56

boogeek are we related?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now