Talk

Advanced search

19 minutes

(11 Posts)
CherryCupCake Thu 01-May-08 14:15:02

Nineteen minutes by Jodi Picoult is really good, a bit like "kevin" but less boring and less insignificant details and more interesting/realistic characters.

Well worth a read, I couldn't put it down.

cariboo Tue 06-May-08 13:02:15

Agreed. Not a writer I'd normally choose -thought she would be a bit Danielle Steelegrin- but this was gripping.

misspollysdolly Tue 06-May-08 14:10:13

The Pact was good too - a vaguely linked pre-Nineteen minutes book by Jodi Picoult. I've read a few of hers - most good but eventually all quite samey in terms of style and plot. Worth reading though.

witchandchips Tue 06-May-08 14:14:54

liked it but as an economist who works in the same area as Lewis (father of boy) found it a bit freaky....

mousemole Mon 12-May-08 19:58:04

loved it loved it. Just read it on hols and couln't put it down. Much better than Kevin and much better than some of her other books.

sar1977 Fri 16-May-08 22:31:15

I have just finished reading it - really liked it. but as misspollysdolly says they do all get a bit samey. My favourite Jodi Picoult book is 'my sisters keeper'. Oh my god! My stepson left the room and i was fine - he returned and i was floods of tears!!

NK331e0aeaX11c41a9c987 Mon 08-Sep-08 12:34:12

Message withdrawn

boogeek Mon 08-Sep-08 12:37:12

I liked it too (though I definitely preferred Kevin). I have liked all the JP books I have read, apart from the endings: she cannot write a good ending IMO! Also I agree they are all a bit samey so you have to spread them out.
(My sister's keeper was my favourite too, though possibly because it was the first one I read)

BitOfFun Mon 08-Sep-08 12:41:57

Francine - are you handing the chris cleaves releases too? I read the proof and loved it, but haven't noticed it out yet.

noonki Mon 08-Sep-08 12:53:17

I agree boogeek - all the endings are crowd pleasers, and so forumlaic,

I also say I wouldn't read another one and then see one in the library and do, they are such an easy read I get them out

booge Fri 12-Sep-08 23:40:56

boogeek are we related?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: