Talk

Advanced search

five people you meet...

(11 Posts)
MistressMary Sat 08-Jan-05 23:28:13

in heaven. Any good?

makealist Sun 09-Jan-05 00:16:46

I got it for Christmas. The jury's still out, it wasn't as good as I was expecting, It made me sob my heart out, and think a lot. I'm going to re-read in a few weeks time, if that makes any sense to you.

zaphod Sun 09-Jan-05 00:18:36

Two of my friends found it really profound, and got a lot out of it. I'm sorry to say it just left me cold. Perhaps I am too shallow and missed the deeper meaning.

TwoIfBySea Mon 10-Jan-05 20:54:59

Just started it last night so will see. So far it is quite enjoyable but I wouldn't say life-changing. Interesting to read a story a little different from the rest out there.

MistressMary Tue 11-Jan-05 11:27:34

yes I just started this last night.
Will let you know what my thoughts are on it.

handlemecarefully Tue 11-Jan-05 11:53:19

So what is it about?

Stripymouse Tue 11-Jan-05 11:55:35

disappointed with this one - maybe I am missing something but just not as good as the plot deserved. Such a great idea but not followed through for me. Tried too hard to be clever and not spontaneous enough for me IYKWIM - seemed to be rewritten and too carefully profound, maybe others will disagree.

handlemecarefully Tue 11-Jan-05 12:11:21

And the plot is????

MistressMary Tue 11-Jan-05 12:15:51

about the book

handlemecarefully Tue 11-Jan-05 12:49:20

Thanks - was keen to learn more about it because a colleague mentioned having enjoyed it just this morning...and I didn't have time to ask her about it before she was whisked away to a meeting

monkey Tue 11-Jan-05 15:46:53

mixed feelings from me. in general liked it. Liked the story 7 ideas but did make me bawl my eyes out (which is bad). but did find it a very quick read, so not v. satisfying. I suppose 6 or 7 out of 10.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now